Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Palestinian convicted of training with al-Qaida + Arafat must pay Israeli bus company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

generally, the courts are doing fairly well.

just look at the lesbian marriage precedent .
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

I didn't say it was incorrect; just that it was funny.

If you think I actually bother to read most of Siro's statements then you're mistaken

At least the Gnu has the right idea in keeping his posts on the matter short and to the point (in this thread)

Well, Frogger, the Israeli legal system works slightly different from what we are used to in the civilized world. In Israel you are presumed innocent until proven palestinian.

Funny, insulting and readable in under 10 seconds.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

you forgot the 'take note, Siro'.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger

That's not what this seems to imply. Doesn't come out and say that Arafat was trying to present a defense, but note the contained assumption that there was a "written defense statement" in existence that could have been received.

Egged asked for a judgment against Arafat, who did not file a statement of defense.
          BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

The court in Tel Aviv issued its decision after Yasser Arafat's administration did not defend the action brought by the Egged bus company.

Arafat, who has denied Israeli accusations of responsibility for attacks during the 28-month-old Palestinian uprising, mounted no defense in the civil lawsuit, and it was unclear how he could be forced to pay the damage award.
          The Courts Administration office said that the Tel Aviv court granted Egged the damages from Arafat after the Palestinian president failed to mount a defense.
          Last edited by Edan; February 10, 2003, 17:15.
          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Working...
          X