X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq thanks NYT for publishing Pelletiere piece

From the WSJ online

"A Laurel for Howell
    Mohammad Aldouri, Iraq's ambassador to the U.N., appeared on "Fox News Sunday" with Tony Snow yesterday, and he "he thanked the New York Times for defending Iraq," blogger Will Veers reports. We went to the transcript (not available on FoxNews.com, but we found it on Factiva) and our TiVo to find out what Aldouri said, and it turns out he was referring to an op-ed piece, which we noted Friday, in which one Stephen Pelletiere pronounces Saddam Hussein innocent of human-rights violations and urges America to stop--this is an actual quote--"picking on" the poor Iraqi dictator. Says Aldouri:

This is a part of the American and the British propaganda against my country. . . . Your president, President Bush, mentioned that several times that Iraq, the president of Iraq, poisoned its own people. Pelletiere in the article in New York Times last Friday, and I'm thankful for the New York Times for that, saying that it is not true, Iraq is not poisoning its own people.

The Friday piece for which Aldouri is thanking the Times claimed, despite ample documentation from Human Rights Watch and others, that Saddam Hussein did not commit genocide against the Kurds in northern Iraq. It's almost as if a humble Holocaust denier had won public praise from Adolf Eichmann himself. Howell Raines must be beaming with pride."
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Here is a article on a Pelletiere speech given just after 9/11. More of the same: He even suggested that OBL would be used as a scapegoat regardless of whether he was guilty - which Pelletiere said was unlikely.

He seems to be a professor at, of all places, US Army War College!

http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

*Sigh* Someone's got egg on his face...
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Eh. NYT can print what they want. It's a free country.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
            Here is a article on a Pelletiere speech given just after 9/11. More of the same: He even suggested that OBL would be used as a scapegoat regardless of whether he was guilty - which Pelletiere said was unlikely.

http://www.palestinecenter.org/cpap/...010918ftr.html
            in the speech you link to he says the following

'Pelletiere urged the public to ?pay special attention? to the fact that journalists who are focusing on these stories and opinions are conservative, as are the newspapers publishing them, mainly The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal. The line between news and opinion has become blurred, mainly through the op-ed pages of the newspapers. ?Spurious? ideas start there and then filter into the news.'

I find this a tad ironic, dont you??
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Who?
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The New York Times and The Washington Post are hardly bastions of conservative thought....
                If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                  The New York Times and The Washington Post are hardly bastions of conservative thought....
                  Yeah... The New York Times and the Washington Post... Conservative...
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

What are we laughing at again?
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Just go with it, PH .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X