Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any viable way to oust President Bush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osweld

Why is it that many bush supporters, when faced with a possible critisism or argument against bush, just spout off some lame speach like that and completely ignore everything that was said against him - It's like they're brainwashed, or trying to convince themselves he isn't so bad or something.
    I voted for Al Gore. I disagree vehemently with Dubyas domestic policy. I expect to vote against Dubya in 2004.

That said, he HAS been strong, restrained, expressive of whats right, surprisingly deft in the war on terror (I almost said deft in foreign policy, but no hes not deft on Kyoto)
    He has been better than we had any reason to expect. A man who really was not qualified for the office seems to have grown into it. As on other occasions in history, the moment has called forth the leadership.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Typical wacko leftist bull****

The party of the people...until the people OUST your asses. Then you want to deny the will and choice of the people. Let me guess, for their own good? Typical wacko leftist UNCONSTITUTIONAL bull****.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Again, the *one singular thing* Bush has been right on in his time in office is how to approach Iraq. Period. He hasn't even done the terrorism hunt right, which is a sad sign.

Only a continued plunge in the economy's well-being will finally convince the American public that this guy ain't what he's cracked up to be. The sadder thing is that even that won't give the budding Savior of America, John McCain (and this is coming from a pureblood Democrat) a chance to work his magic.

CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Re: Is there any viable way to oust President Bush?

Originally posted by Dissident: Why did we elect this psycho?
          We didn't. He was appointed by the Supreme Court.
          ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Originally posted by reismark
            Again, the *one singular thing* Bush has been right on in his time in office is how to approach Iraq. Period. He hasn't even done the terrorism hunt right, which is a sad sign.

Only a continued plunge in the economy's well-being will finally convince the American public that this guy ain't what he's cracked up to be. The sadder thing is that even that won't give the budding Savior of America, John McCain (and this is coming from a pureblood Democrat) a chance to work his magic.

Wasnt McCain suggesting we needed more troops on the ground in afganistan, a week before Mazar fell???? We may have let OBL escape at Tora Bora, but we have NOT provoked an Afgan backlash against us, nor gotten into a quagmire. By keeping our presence small and relying on warlords we ahve escaped the trap Al qaeeda/taliban set for us. This was masterful strategizing on our part, and Im not sure McCain would have had the patience for it.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Can't Congress do something about this?

They authorized force in December, and they aren't in the mood to take that power away.

As for your thread question: No... and I don't see that as a bad thing either.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Is there any viable way to oust President Bush?

Originally posted by Dissident
                Why did we elect this psycho?
                We didn't. Florida voted for Gore, the US voted for Gore, but the laws were massively violated so that they could give the state to Bush. Bush is legally president, but not legitimately.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                  We may have let OBL escape at Tora Bora, but we have NOT provoked an Afgan backlash against us, nor gotten into a quagmire.
                  It's only been a year. No one called Vietnam a quagmire in 1963 either. It remains to be seen whether or not the US will have problems in Afganistan. Ultimately I expect we will, but nothing on the level of Vietnam nor what the Soviets experienced in Afganistan. It'll be cavalry and indians type ****.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Florida voted for Gore

Nope. Sorry.

the laws were massively violated so that they could give the state to Bush.

*cough* giving cigarettes to homeless to vote Democrat *cough*

Like the Republicans were the only people that may have violated some laws that may have changed the election .
                    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; February 3, 2003, 14:12.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                      Wasnt McCain suggesting we needed more troops on the ground in afganistan, a week before Mazar fell???? We may have let OBL escape at Tora Bora, but we have NOT provoked an Afgan backlash against us, nor gotten into a quagmire. By keeping our presence small and relying on warlords we ahve escaped the trap Al qaeeda/taliban set for us. This was masterful strategizing on our part, and Im not sure McCain would have had the patience for it.
                      Maybe so, but that strategy cost us bin Laden, who is now free to plan and carry out yet another act of terror on the free world. We put more troops in, and bin Laden doesn't slip by so easily.

Sometimes a little backlash is the price you pay to get the job done.
                      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Maybe so, but that strategy cost us bin Laden

What makes you think Bin Laden was there at all?

Comment

you can't oust bush, when he sees you comming his secret police will neutralize you, DUH.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Florida voted for Gore

Nope. Sorry.

Yes, sorry. You got the Presidency, just stop lying about how you got it.

the laws were massively violated so that they could give the state to Bush.

*cough* giving cigarettes to homeless to vote Democrat *cough*

Is that illegal? Is it the same as stuffing ballots boxes with absentee ballots. Is it the same as not counting legal ballots? Is it the same as removing 91,000 legal voters from the rolls?

Like the Republicans were the only people that may have violated some laws that may have changed the election .

Not even in the same league.

Comment

I have this girl who looks a lot like Monica Lewinsky. I'm going to pay her to get Bush in trouble.

But this could backfire. This scandal could cause Bush to start a war to get the media focus off the affair.

Comment

Why not have him tried as a war criminal by the WORLD COURT??? Now that would be poetic justice...

The other route: get enough civil disorders from war weariness and the democracy will go through a revolution. Wait... been playing too much Civ...
                                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                                X