An experiment: Recaption the comic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An experiment: Recaption the comic

Once again receiving inspiration from the Something Awful forums, I've decided to give this a whirl. Attatched to this post is an unfunny comic with all text removed. Your mission is to take this comic and, using MS paint or something else, add text to make it actually funny. If you're feeling bold, you can try your hand out at actually photoshopping the picture. I'm working on an example pic that I'll post in a little while.
    Attached Files

I bet you'll be the only one to caption it "I am going to f*ck you in the ass, Garfield"
    "No, Jon. I am too handsome for you to f*ck me in the ass"

HA hA

Comment

Actually I'm going to try a real one. Will you submit under your name if I provide something good?

Comment

Lemme try (disclaimer... this doesn't represent my own views ):

Panel 1: Hey, UN! Saddam has violated so many resolutions that we have to put him away.

Panel 3: Yep... I'm still a ***** (think of a synonym for cat that indicates a coward) .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

How about this:

"HEY GRAFELD! I am a starving North Korean, and I am going to eat you!"
          "Well Jon, be that as it may - It seems I'm not a Dog, so you can't possibly eat me..."

LOL (this is the stuff SA is made of!)

Comment

Zylka: (on both)
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Or

"Hey Garphelt! Did you hear the news that Ben "Greasnin" Platt is a f*cking terrible writer?"

"Don't bother me, Jon. I'm too busy noting my singular stance through all three panels to be bothered with his talentless garbage."

Comment

Blarg. This turned out worse than planned.

Also of note: This isn't actually a comic they're doing in the SA forums. I found it and took out the text. But they do this for a different crappy comic every couple of days.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hehehe ok you have to do this for real just to humor me

"Morning, Garfield. So, are you out to give it 110% today?"

*3rd panel, Garfiel turns into 86/68 2 frame GIF animation*

Comment

Oh NO! So are you able to share anything that is an actual SA project, or is there some sort of forum agreement not to let it get out until post date?

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                      Hehehe ok you have to do this for real just to humor me

"Morning, Garfield. So, are you out to give it 110% today?"

*3rd panel, Garfiel turns into 86/68 2 frame GIF animation*
                      No problem.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                        Oh NO! So are you able to share anything that is an actual SA project, or is there some sort of forum agreement not to let it get out until post date?
                        Due to copyright issues, this stuff isn't going to make it out of the forums. It's been going on for a month or so with various comics now.

Comment

Now as if that wouldn't get published if under a project hehehe

Too much fun

Comment

Attached Files
                            "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

best I could come up with...
                              Attached Files
                              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                              X