Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just get to 32.75 years old and it starts getting easier.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just get to 32.75 years old and it starts getting easier.

An old fart's advise...

Don't get too involved in your depression, don't do anything to your body that will screw up your later years, work hard for your money, don't mess up friendships over women, and you'll be alright.

Don't feed energy into depression.

Now that life is good, I regret every cigarette I ever smoked.

Money not earned is not appreciated. There's alot of ways to sweat, but sweat for it.

Women come and go, until you find the right one, but old friendships...these are few, so very few. Remember old friends.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Wise words.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

...and don't unnecessarily f*ck with people.

They may be able to someday forgive you for what you did to them, but how can you ever forgive yourself?

Comment

There is no advantage to cheating on your SO. None.

It is always easiest to lie to yourself: Beware!

Cynicism is not experience.

Document everything. Do not leave important matters to memory.

Comment

32.75 years old? You know Lancer, I always thought you were older than I. Go figure.

Comment

MM, cheers!

Zkribbler, that's right, but don't take crap for too long either.

Yes John, I'm looking back, I'm 44.

Comment

I'm just older than that and life seems tougher now than before because I worry too much. I think that's because I'm still a new dad though. From what I here you get tired of worrying about your kids after awhile.
              "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
              "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
              "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I want kinds but at the same time I'm glade I don't have the worries. Besides at 26 I have tons of time to start a family latter.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yep, if I had known I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself

oooch......damn hemorroids

Comment

You know, I'm pretty sure I'd have a heck of a lot of appreciation if 50 000 fell out of the sky tomorrow.

**** this full-time, no Saturdays, no paid sick days, bull ****.
                    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I'm just older than that and life seems tougher now than before because I worry too much. I think that's because I'm still a new dad though. From what I here you get tired of worrying about your kids after awhile.
                      DuncanK, I was really struck by this, too. Fortunately, your children quickly get less vulnerable and you structure your life so that they are safer and you can enjoy them more. At least I am a lot less nervous with my children now and I have stopped treading so gingerly in my own life as a result. (My youngest is now 2).
                      "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                      "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                      - Pekka

Comment

I disagree strongly. The limit is clearly 31.709 years (less leap days).
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Straybow, sure, that's a good hour. However it by no means sets a trend.

Comment

Working...
                          X