A painfully wonderful dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A painfully wonderful dream

So for the past 3 or 4 weeks, when I remember my dreams, it is because I wake up in the middle of them sweating bullets and screaming. Never in my life has this happened to me.

First I dreamt my brother was being set on fire and I couldn't scream to get his attention, woke up screaming so loud, and another time I dreamt that I was eating a hot dog and it had spiders in it, and the spiders started crawling down my throat, and I kept throwing up, and when I woke up i had part of my pillow in my mouth...

so to have a good dream for a change would be a positive thing, right?

Wrong...

Last night I had the most blissful dream I can ever remember, and waking up from it depressed me for the rest of the day. That's how good it was.

As this dream went, someone new was arriving to work on our staff (I'm an RA at my Uni)...it was a girl, and she was gorgeous, and so we got to talking and found out we were wild about each other. The timeframe of the dream must have been very fast, as if zipping through the stages of getting into a relationship, but in my dream I was head over heels hopelessly in love with this girl. Something I can't describe in words. It was just a perfect feeling, nothing I've ever felt compares. And after a long dream, in regards to the time frame in which it lasted (Probably about 2 years, also unusual for my dreams, which are often 'real time' or lucid) I woke up smiling brightly. Until I realized it was only a dream, and my alarm was waking me from it. I got up. Looked around. Searched for any shred of evidence that this girl existed, and when I realized she didn't I felt crushed.

Turned off my alarm, crawled back into bed, and tried my hardest to fall back asleep and start dreaming again...

...and I did. It was very short. I was in the staff office with another RA, a friend of mine, talking about this girl. We talked for what seemed like hours, but also felt like minutes. When I returned to my room she was there, and I got that feeling again. That blissful feeling I cannot describe. And yet again, I woke up to my alarm. Feeling more depressed than before, I made breakfast took a shower, came back, and decided to skip classes. I can't tell you what I did all day. I don't even remember it...8 hours just flew by, and my friends at dinner noticed something was different about me, that I didn't seem myself...

so it's been a very very depressing day, all because of this dream. I didn't think any dream could be that powerful, but apparently so.

Anyways, i wanted to write this out, but of course you can discuss the topic of dreams, or just pyschoanalyze mine
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Note: do not listen to Norah Jones when you are feeling depressed
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

I've had dreams like that. Stuff that can't be printed here, too.

I guess what to take away from the dream is the thought to attempt the same thing in real life
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

i should be so lucky

i know what you're getting at but mine was not a wet dream in the slightest. It had nothing to do with sex, it was a connection so far beyond that...i can't even describe it...so odd

Comment

Re: A painfully wonderful dream

Originally posted by orange
          ... but in my dream I was head over heels hopelessly in love with this girl. Something I can't describe in words. It was just a perfect feeling, nothing I've ever felt compares. And after a long dream, in regards to the time frame in which it lasted (Probably about 2 years, also unusual for my dreams, which are often 'real time' or lucid) I woke up smiling brightly. Until I realized it was only a dream, and my alarm was waking me from it. I got up. Looked around. Searched for any shred of evidence that this girl existed, and when I realized she didn't I felt crushed.
          Exactly the sentiment.
          Had some dreams exactly like that. But long ago. A couple of years back or even more.

They didn't depress me for the whole day later but everything else you've written fits EXACTLY to my feelings.

I remember it sucked waking up and realizing it was just a dream too.

The feeling of perfect happiness with that girl, the perfect feeling is just as you desscribed it.

Comment

I had a dream like this once (frighteningly similar, actually). It was so striking that I wrote it all down when I woke up and still have it somewhere.

My dream covered a longer time frame than yours and followed the relationship out to its (somewhat tragic) end. The feelings of sorrow and love I experienced at the end of my dream are something I had never experienced before and haven't experienced since. Very weird...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

here I thought I was just screwy. Nice to know some people know what I'm talking about.

:sigh:

Comment

I was waiting on a moment
                But the moment never came
                All the billion other moments
                We're just slipping all away
                I must have been tripping
                Just ego tripping

I was wanting you to love me
                But your love it never came
                All the other love around me
                Was just wasting all away
                I must have been tripping
                Just ego tripping

I was waiting on a moment
                But the moment never came...
                But the moment never came...

great song from one of my fav bands
                I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

here I thought I was just screwy. Nice to know some people know what I'm talking about.

well we could both be crazy so this is not necessairily a consolation

Seriously I have the creeping impression that such a dream is a "definite" (for a lack of better word in my english) like for example dreams of falling down, flying over the city etc.

They must be dreams of patented occurance to people. (dreams that possess a relatively "fixed" theme/set of emotions in what regards their repetition)
                  Again my english limit me when I want to describe such things. Hopefully I made some marginal sense.

Comment

Just because we know what you talk about, doesn't mean you aren't screwy.

I had the same dream twice last night. I went to the video store last night and thought about getting the movie "Reign of Fire", about the dragons destroying the world.

Didn't get the movie, but the dream I had involved a dragon trying to get my wife and at the end he capsized a ship that we were on. I woke up and the dream started over, but this time I knew where I made mistakes and corrected them. We got away with our lives as the alarm clock went off and woke me up.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Ahh I have gotten into all of your dreams at one time or another Mwwuuhaahahahah
                      Just kidding...

Orange darling if only I was there... I would help you through it!
                      The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwidow24
                        Ahh I have gotten into all of your dreams at one time or another Mwwuuhaahahahah
                        Just kidding...

Orange darling if only I was there... I would help you through it!
                        You were the damn Dragon?????

ACK!

Comment

Yes I was.
                          The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwidow24
                            Yes I was.
                            I KNEW I should have let the dragon eat me!

ACK!

Comment

Damn you, Orange! You've made me dig out my account of that strange dream and now I've gone all introspective. I won't be my cranky self for days now, thanks to you...

KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X