No announcement yet.

SNL skits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Jane, you ignorant slut" was the best "line" ever spoken in SNL history...

I also loved Eddie Murphy with "Larry the Lobster" and "Samurai Delicatessen"

The best Star Trek bit wasn't the Belushi skit...
    While that was indeed funny... it was no where near as good as when Shatner hosted... and they had a skit with him speaking at a Trek Convention... and he ends up telling all the people to "get a life... it's only a TV show"...
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think the hardest I ever laughed at SNL was at the ORIGINAL Night at the Roxbury skit, when they were teamed with Jim Carrey.

Frigging Hilarious!
      Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

I am partial to Celebrity Jeopardy, but there are individual skits and hosts that were better.
        "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
        Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

That was in fact a classic, when Jimmy Stewart beats the crap out of everybody.

The best SNL Jimmy Stewart-related moment ever was the "lost" ending to "It's a Wonderful Life". The people all get together and beat Mr. Potter to death; one of the funniest things I ever saw.

Celebrity Jeopardy is the best recent sketch. It's always hilarious.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

"Jane you ignorant slut! Who did you sleep with to get this job anyway?!"

Add another vote. I still laugh whenever I hear it.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

My vote for the funniest SNL skit ever was the special news report where aliens had recovered the Voyager space craft and sent the first known message back to earth. Voyager, you may remember, carried a CD of "earth sounds" into space. These included greetings from world leaders, a mother cooing at her baby, part of a Beethoven symphony, music from Chuck Berry, a thunderstorm, etc. The aliens sent back a four word message which SNL revealed to the world.....
              "Send More Chuck Berry"

I was once priviledged to see John Belushi, Dan Acroyd, and Bill Murray give an after hours performance at Chicago's famous Second City Comedy Club. These guys were even funnier in person than they were on TV. Part of the performance involved George Wendt (Norm from Cheers) as a test tube baby, running through the audience in nothing but a pair of diapers looking for his mama and papa.....
              Old posters never die.
              They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

I liked the Greek "cheebergie" place, run by Belushi and staffed with recent immigrant Bill Murray, who never managed to avoid getting slapped hard on the back of the head for long.

"Samurai Night Fever" was another classic from the early days.

"Billy Paul", starring Paul Simon ran on the same night that the movie "Billy Jack" debuted on NBC. It's funny as hell, and has George Harrison serving as the Amerind butt of racist Belushi's abuse.

The Mr. Bill series tended to crack me up as well.

Lately I've been impressed with the skill of the girls on the show. "Donatella Versace" is one of my favorite characters of late, as well as all the white trash women the blonde chic with the gap in her teeth plays.

That skit (a fake commercial) where Tracey Morgan plays Uncle Jemima is certainly a recent classic.

"Honey I Crapped My Pants" was a good fake commercial as well, as well as "Kotex Classic".

I also loved "Dieter" and "Shprockets".
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

ooh, I almost forgot that skit where Mike Meyers plays the hyperactive hypoglysemic kid (I'm a Hyper Hypo!) who is leashed to the Jungle Jim, wearing a helmet.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Smith
                    I was once priviledged to see John Belushi, Dan Acroyd, and Bill Murray give an after hours performance at Chicago's famous Second City Comedy Club.
                    Damn... I saw them do that as well. I wonder if it was the same show. When was that?
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sean Connery with the "Therapists" joke....
                      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I'll take The Rapist for $100

Comment

ooh, I almost forgot that skit where Mike Meyers plays the hyperactive hypoglysemic kid (I'm a Hyper Hypo!) who is leashed to the Jungle Jim, wearing a helmet.

"One time, my mom's car ran out of gas, so she gave me a Snickers bar and a can of Coke. I towed the car home, seven miles! When we got home, I was tired..."

"I love you, you know."

Good call, Sikander. That's one of my favorites as well.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I agree Drake, I've got it on the Best of Mike Myers DVD.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                              Damn... I saw them do that as well. I wonder if it was the same show. When was that?
                              IIRC, it was after a Saturday night late show, Fall of 1981, about six months before Belushi died. Second City has had such amazingly talented casts. Another thing I miss about Chicago.
                              Old posters never die.
                              They j.u.s.t..f..a..d..e...a...w...a...y....

Comment

My favorite is definitely the Night at the Roxbury with Jim Carrey.

In fact, that episode was by far the best in SNL history, the cheerleader skit, Lifeguard on Duty and Ride the Snake were hilarious.

Other memorable moments: Sprockets, The Continental, Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood, and the Bob Dole and George Bush impressions.

Recent good ones: Mango and Donatella Versace
                                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                                X