Officials: U.S., Israel Readying Call for Palestinian Statehood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This initiative is doomed to failure.
    Palestinians fight fundamentally for their freedom and independance. Hatred for the Jews and religious nonsense are pretty new in the old conflict.
    Palestinians want to build thir state by themselves, and don't want it to be dictated by a "benevolent" Israel. They'll reject the Israel-decided state.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Would this Palestinian state be a laughable bundle of scraps of land, riven with settlements and checkpoints?

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
        The terrorism is based on hatred of the state of Isreal, not a lack of a state of Palistine. This won't stop the terrorism, instead it will make things worse. The terrorist will see this as a victory for their methods, and that will fuel the fires of hatred, and increase the terrorism. Terrorism is a business now also. People don't like to go out of business.
        How do you figure that? Do you know the history? The Israelis used terrorism to get their state. The Palestinians are just copying them.

This "peace proposal" is just an apartheid solution. It won't work.

Why is what the world condemned in South Africa okay in Palestine?
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

AH, are you saying the Palesinians don't hate the state of Israel? I didn't comment on how they got there...
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

My comment kind of got mixed up with yours, I was adressing others too
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Maybe it accidently got mixed up when that quote of miy comment appeared in your post? They have a funny way of doing that, I've noticed it before.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

AH, do you have any proof for that bold claim?

Comment

This plan won't work for very long, but, I am equally sure that no peace will be achieved as long as Arafat is in contol of the PA.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

Why is what the world condemned in South Africa okay in Palestine?
                    well first i expect even the provisional state will have better territorial contiguity then the SA bantustans, though i dont know what map is proposed. At least it will be ONE Pal state, which was not the case in SA

Second - the borders are provisional - the idea is that with security and Pal reform, final borders would be much more generous - SA did not agree in principle to better borders
                    and in any case, ANC never wanted a 2 state solution in SA, while in Israel/Palestine a 2 state solution IS what the PA calls for, and what the EU and others support.
                    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

How do you figure that? Do you know the history? The Israelis used terrorism to get their state. The Palestinians are just copying them.
                      The israelis blew up restaurants filled with civilians in London??? when did that happen????

They attacked british officers and troops in the land they claimed.

Suggestion - the Pals limit attacks to Israeli officers and troops in the territories. No more attacks in pre-1967 Israel, and no more attacks against civilians in the territories, (including settlers) THEN all settlement activity stops, and fast track negotiations can proceed.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

The israelis blew up restaurants filled with civilians in London??? when did that happen????

They attacked british officers and troops in the land they claimed.

Suggestion - the Pals limit attacks to Israeli officers and troops in the territories. No more attacks in pre-1967 Israel, and no more attacks against civilians in the territories, (including settlers) THEN all settlement activity stops, and fast track negotiations can proceed.
                        hi ,

suggestion ; one , people who dont know or want to know should not speak about something they dont know , .....

two , no attacks at all , no terrorism what so ever , no inside here , or not inside there , ....

three , its our land they invaded in the first place in 1948-9 , we just take back what they took

four , come over and learn something before thou speak

five , the above is not personal or offensive , but get some facts strait guys , .....

six , the pic is "no to terror"

have a nice day
                        Attached Files
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                        X