No announcement yet.

Should I steal the music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But if others pay him, their liberties could be largely diminished.
    How so? If I pay a few dollars for a cd, my liberties aren't diminished much. On the other hand, if a musician never gets any money for his music, his liberties are considerably diminished.

Overall, I can't see how liberty can increase.
    More musicians would be motivated to play music, increasing the liberty of society as a whole.

But how would be it right for me to acquire music I haven't paid for?
    If you think it's morally wrong, don't get. I don't consider getting music in your situation morally wrong.

Ask yourself why you think intellectual property should be legally protected.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

I say screw the RIAA.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Welcome to the dark side BW

Hey, if downloading some of that music encourages you to buy more CDs in the future, then I don't think that there should be a moral issue for you anyway. I don't buy a pair of shoes unless I try them on first. You are just being the self-protecting consumer
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I think that should be BD, provost.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Very true, force of habit
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
            X