No announcement yet.

How To Build A Football Dynasty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He hasn't done ANYTHING right as GM for the Bears.

He got rid of Cade McNown... of course he drafted him as well, but details, details .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

He didn't draft him. Jauron just got there when Cade was drafted.

Angelo didn't do anything because he was saddled with a team that went 13-3. Would you want to rock that boat?

Anyways, when he was with Tampa they drafted all of those talented defensive players - Sapp, Brooks, etc. so it's not like he totally sucks.

Alex Brown and that corner he drafted look pretty good, and Columbo was doing better than "False-start" Robertson. Gray looked like a potential starter efore being injured. I really hope he gets the job, Green just isn't very effective as a safety, he needs to go back to nickelback.

Didn't R.W. have the most interceptions for the Bears this year? IMO he's way better than Walt (who, btw isn't exactly an all-star on the Colts) and he has the ability to be a shut down corner and a guy who can make big plays.
      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
      New faces...Strange places,
      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Mark Hatley drafted Cade McNown... and McNown was on his way out way before Jerry Angelo and his "Geniousness" got there. BTW Angelo let Blake Brockemeyer (sp?) go. And look how effective the Bears offensive line was.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

And look where Brock ended up!

You keep thinking small, Sava. Brock was past his prime, we needed to get rid of him, and Angelo did - saving us cap room. We never had a consistent production from our line because the starting lineup was inconsistent.
          Brock gets cut - Robertson and Columbo vie for the job - Robertson gets job, sucks it up - Columbo goes in and does decent - various lineman get injured - Gandy is now left tackle - and on and on.

I won't say Angelo is a genius, but he was stuck with a lame duck coach that pulled a good season out of his ass.

Here's to Nick Saban in 2004.
          (Unless someone better is willing and able)
          I never know their names, But i smile just the same
          New faces...Strange places,
          Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
          -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Ah... he's only been there two years? Well that's not enough time to judge a GM.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Brock did fine with the Bears during the 13-3 season... sure past his prime, but better than the alternative. I agree we're stuck with Jauron, but I wouldn't be too confident in any replacement that Angelo picks. He's proven himself to be a dumbass.

I heard today that Greg Blache (Bears Def Coordinator) is a candidate for the 49er's job. Good... PLEASE SAN FRANCISCO TAKE HIM. Blache said on an interview with Dan Jiggetts on the Score Sports Radio that because people play Madden 2003, they think they are smart at football. He also said that Mike Singletary wasn't qualified enough for the linebackers' coach position. Even though Buddy Ryan in a later interview said Singletary was qualified for almost any position in the NFL. And the Ravens and Billick thought Singletary was good enough to coach Ray Lewis... so go figure.

The Bears' problems start with ownership. The McCasky's need to all die (and I know there are a lot of them) or sell the team because they are a cancer. The Bears need new owners, new GM, new coaches, the list goes on. At best, the Bears go 7-9 next season as Brian Urlacher shines at MLB once again.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

if the bears go 7-9 mext year I will be very happy, it means the offense will have a new quarterback, or the defense will be as studly as TB's

Comment

I'm still pissed at R.W. Mcquarters for what he did in that game near the end of the season. It seems to me he wanted that touchdown for himself. He wanted the lateral. He should have thrown a block and maybe the bears could have won.

Comment

it was the end of the season, who cares? the bears we're so far down the the rankings that rw was probably thinking of the draft picks the bears could get

Comment

Working...
                    X