No announcement yet.

Would-be shoe bomber Reid gets life sentence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No? I can never keep track of which are and aren't.

I think you should elect Supreme Court justices. Make them do an American Idol type competition...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
      No? I can never keep track of which are and aren't.

I think you should elect Supreme Court justices. Make them do an American Idol type competition...

Be the bid!

Comment

Why is it that after every conviction of a criminal, a number of conservatives on any given message board suddenly become ass rape advocates?
        Is their respect of law just a facade for a lynching mentality, or do they get their kicks out of sexual revenge fantasies?

"On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
        - Lone Star

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko
          Why is it that after every conviction of a criminal, a number of conservatives on any given message board suddenly become ass rape advocates?
          Is their respect of law just a facade for a lynching mentality, or do they get their kicks out of sexual revenge fantasies?

its their secret fantasy.

I bet they wouldn't advocate the rapping of women prisoners
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Does Mass have the death penalty?
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I'm a bit confused. He received a life sentence for failing to detonate some explosives?
              Up the Irons!
              Rogue CivIII FAQ!
              Odysseus and the March of Time
              I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

english(and i guess american) law makes no difference in the between attempted crimes and succesful ones.

this is attempted murder so he gets a sentence similar to that he would have got if he was sucssesful( and not killed in the process)
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

The judge waxing eloquent. The flag line wasn't even the most over-the-top! Fascinating speeches on both sides.

That flag will be brought down on the Day of Judgment and you will see in front of your Lord and my Lord and then we will know.

Stinger: No, in American law it makes quite a bit of difference between attempted and successful crimes. But if you add up all of the attempted murders here, I think the DP would be justified, if it is ever justified.
                  Last edited by DanS; January 31, 2003, 19:06.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Fascinating speeches indeed.

Fascinating also how, from the looks of him, he probably has it all figured out.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X