No announcement yet.

The Secret of Jeopardy's Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have news for you: Montreal's 3 million are what's keeping the other 3 million Quebecers from leaving...

Nebraskans are the only people in the world who can brag that they've got a cornfield on one side and an ICBM silo on the other...
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Is Nebraska really so sad as to brag about having producers for JEOPARDY being from that state?

It's better than having the world's biggest rodeo as your province's claim to fame...

And what of Montreal?

A city of 3 million. Twice as big as your entire state.

It also has 3 million more French people than Nebraska. I'll take Nebraska any day; it smells a lot better here.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Nebraskans are the only people in the world who can brag that they've got a cornfield on one side and an ICBM silo on the other...

Except for Kansas, South Dakota, North Dakota, etc...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
          It's better than having the world's biggest rodeo as your province's claim to fame...
          I believe the term is "Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth", and it's not a provincial thing, it's a city thing.

And no, it's not better than having the Stampede. You see, the Stampede is essentially a large state fair...that's all it is. I'll take live free performances from bands like Collective Soul and the Tragically Hip over Jeopardy producers anyday...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Actually one of the biggest railyards in the world is located in Nebraska.

Also Strategic Air Command, located in Nebraska, kept you crazy Canucks safe from Soviet invasion for many years.

You people LEECH off of the benifits that Nebraska gives you...

Calgary sounds like a Caribou type town actually... Is the Stampede a race for the life-giving benefits of permafrost from the pet Elk located in the city?

Instead of running of the bulls, you have the silly assed Labatt bear chasing Caribou through the street?

Sounds riveting.
            Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

It also has 3 million more French people than Nebraska. I'll take Nebraska any day; it smells a lot better here.
              I wouldn't be too sure about that.

What's the capital of your neighbour state again?
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

311's better than Collective Soul or the Tragically Hip...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

uke:
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

What's the capital of your neighbour state again?

Denver?

Seriously though, which one are you talking about? I know you're looking for a French name, but St. Louis, Des Moines and Pierre all fit the bill.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Dude, although Collective Soul sucks, and the Hip are not that Hip, 311 is f**king awful.

Why couldn't you have said someone more cool?
                        Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

I would say something rude about Canada and Nebraska, but I'm originally from Utah, so I won't.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fox
                            Dude, although Collective Soul sucks, and the Hip are not that Hip, 311 is f**king awful.

Because I love both bands, and don't care if people consider them cool.

You see, where I come from, people like what they like. It's a novel concept, really.

He really likes 311, but I have to wonder if that's out of some perverse patriotism rather than their talent...

Comment

The Canadians wouldn't know any of the good up and coming Nebraska bands, like The Faint and Bright Eyes.

I'm not saying 311 is great BTW; they're just better than the wuss rock Asher mentioned.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

311 has fallen off the face of the earth...and for good reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X