Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous PCRs and Bannings here at 'poly.

Ming recently gave me a 20% PCR for a certain spam job I did in the EU2 forum approximately two months ago. Since so much time had passed I thought I was home free but sadly I was mistaken. Of course I feel a certain sense of pride in now being among the initiated elite who have received judicial punishment here at 'poly ( ), but this sort of begs the question of who else has received PCRs or Banning and what were they for?

I'm sure some of you old timers have a few great stories about people being banned or punished. What was the funniest thing you ever saw which caused a person to be banned? If you have ever been banned or PCRed then what was it you did which caused you to be punished?

So, come on, and let's hear the stories of the stupidest, silliest, most offensive, and most outrageous bans in 'poly history. Who committed them and which mods freaked out? I can't wait to hear your stories.

P.S. in case this thread should disappear a mirror thread has been set up a CounterGlow so we can continue the discussion there.
    Last edited by Dinner; January 29, 2003, 12:12.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

All of mine.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

What did you do and did you just get PCRed or did you get banned?

All I did was make a dozen spam posts and then joke about there not being a moderator in the EU2 forums so let's "Spam this thread up to 500". Two months pass and then I get hit up with a 20% PCR. To bad there isn't a statute of limitations or something.

Comment

Who cares about Poly ? Go back there if you like the place so much
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I can't remember what I did. I was so mad that the heat from my body burned my braincells containing those memories in an act of self-preservation.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I like both but I would like to hear about famous PCRs and Bannings. I've nothing against 'poly and I'm not whining I just would like to hear some stories from my fellow posters.

Comment

This thread is not going to last long. Boasting about PCRs is a no-no.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Oerdin? CG isn't an Apolyton mirror site, and if you treat it as such you are going to severely piss people off.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

And now you'll have all these delinquents trying to get on Most Funny Bannings list.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Laz: Alright I'll let the thread at CG die.

S.D.: Did you get nailed at all for that thread. I guess I was sort of the instigator so hopefully I went down alone.

Slow: I just thought it would be funny to hear a bit of 'poly's more humorious history.

Comment

In theory, I agree; but you know the people around here.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Recently I've noticed a discrepancy between the number of posts I've made to the game forums and my official post count in Profile (yes, I did a manual count since it's a very small number--note my rank). Does this mean I've been PCRed?
                        "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Normally they tell you if they give you a Post Count Reduction (PRC). Have you checked your privite mail to see if a moderator sent you a message?

Comment

We don't like to "give people ideas" or "glorify" people who break the rules.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                            X