Lmao

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lmao

My sister just recieved this email from her college's tech department. It was a mailing to all students.

Attention:
    Due to complications with our new filtering technology, all resumes should be sent as attachments, not cut and pasted into emails.

Thank You

It takes a while to figure it out. If you don't get it, read this:
    Spoiler:
    What might a spam filter not like about the phrase "Magna cum Laude...?"

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

What if the applicant's name was D!ck Cox?
    :-p

Comment

They usually let d/ck through on filters specifically because of that. Otherwise people named D/ck never get email.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Whats the relevance of Magna cum Laude?

Comment

wait, do you mean you don't know what that is? or you wanna know why a filter wouldn't like it?
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I know it's Latin, and I know why a filter wouldn't allow it, I just wanted to know the relevance of the statement.

Comment

Magna *** Laude is graduating with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.7 in ones area of concentration, I think
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

Comment

Does it also cover getting a course average gpa over 3.7?
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

i'm not sure, I thought it had to do with your cumulative GPA in your area of concentration or major

Comment

Your sister is lucky she gets E-mail. The entire disc array for the student mail server crashed on Thursday...
                    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

I guess some Austrians might have problems with this kind of filters

EDIT: seems like the link got filtered... Well, I guess you can figure it out
                      Here's another link with pictures of the beautiful village ****ing
                      Last edited by Combat Ingrid; January 29, 2003, 04:50.
                      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X