Clear All

Two classics of the more thoughtful type-

"The Wicker Man"
    "Don't look now"
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

fg:

I agree. The Thing was kick a$$.

And yes, I saw the James Arness version from the 50's, and it was mediocre.
      Got my new computer!!!!

Comment

Evil Dead II - one of the funniest movies ever.

Comment

According to the IMDB, the fifties version was called "The Thing from Another World". The date is 1951.
          Last edited by Brizey; January 29, 2003, 18:59.
          Got my new computer!!!!

Comment

Children Of The Corn.
            Reminds me of some ACS people.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

horror movies suck

and consequently I like sucky ones.

Candyman has been mentioned. that is ok.
              don't forget the Hellraiser series. The earlier ones are better. Although the second one was all weirded out. I don't know what they were thinking.

Don't forget Alien

The Shining (orginal one with Jack Nicholson) is decent.
              Misery was also another Stephen King one that was decent. Most of his books are terrible on film though.

I actually liked the first Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween. After that they just sucked.

Don't forget suspense films like Sixth Sense and Signs. Or speaking of suspense don't forget Psycho.

Comment

Does Clockwork Orange count ?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"The Haunting" (1963)
                  "The Changeling" (1970s with George C. Scott)

"Jacob's Ladder" is pretty freaky, too.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Definitely "Alien"

Though "Silence of the Lambs" could also be classified as a horror movie.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

'Night of the Hunter' Robert Mitchum version
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Dawn Of The Dead is great.
                        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

By dint of extreme intelligence and careful beforehand research, I have never seen a truly horrible sci-fi movie.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Trilogy of Terror deserves a mention. My whole generation was screwed up by that Zuni doll.
                            "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Working...
                            X