Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck happened to Obiwan and Yoda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck happened to Obiwan and Yoda?

I was working last night and got to thinking about Star Wars. After a couple of hours of this I realized that Obiwan and Yoda were the only Jedi to vanish! If you recall Obiwan was locked in battle w/ Darth Vader when he said "If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you can ever imagine". He then lowered his guard and Vader swung his light saber. However Obiwan just vanished and Vader stepped on his clothes, not understanding where he went. Well, I'm with Vader. In all the recent movies a Jedi just dies and lays there. So where did Obiwan go?

Yoda passed on in front of Luke and vanished too. Where to?

Also, did Obiwan really become so powerful? He told Luke "Go to the Degava system, there you will learn from a Jedi named Yoda". That's more of a travel agent if you ask me...

So what were the powers he was refering to?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Blackpool
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

The medichlorians ate him.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Bored, Lancer?

Comment

Well John, its just that my job is so challenging.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Lucas went crazy

only explanation

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Dramatic effect, maybe?
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Good guys don't die, they just fade away...

Comment

All the Star Wars freaks have asked Lucas this question, and he told them that all the questions will be answered.

I think it was a power thing that Darth Vader would have vanished too.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

I thought it was an "unfinished business" thing. All Jedis have a certain destiny to fulfill, and if they die before it is done, they remain as "spirits" to make sure the job gets done. So Obi-wan comes back as a spirit because he has to help Luke destroy the Death Star, find Yoda, etc.

Yoda and Anakin come back because...um...because...they have to see the Ewok party. Right. Sure. Mmm-hmmm.

Ok, maybe Lucas just does what he wants without regard to plot continuity? That seems most likely...
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      I think it was a power thing that Darth Vader would have vanished too.
                      vader didn't dissapear, but Anakin Skywalker did, or don't you remember the three glowing images at the end of RotJ?

Comment

vader didn't dissapear, but Anakin Skywalker did, or don't you remember the three glowing images at the end of RotJ?
                        Yeah, it should of read; I think if it were a power thing vader would have vanished too.

All because we see them as ghosts doesn't mean their bodies disappeared.
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

Yeah, it should of read; I think if it were a power thing vader would have vanished too.

All because we see them as ghosts doesn't mean their bodies disappeared.
                          judging by the fact that we have two dead jedis who turn into ghosts when their bodies dissapear, i think it is safe to assume anakin's body dissappeared as well

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower

judging by the fact that we have two dead jedis who turn into ghosts when their bodies dissapear, i think it is safe to assume anakin's body dissappeared as well
                            Except it didn't. Anakin died, leaned back, and was still there. Then Luke hauled his body to Endor and burned it.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

It disappeared later. First, Luke had to burn the evil out.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X