Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Detroit: Mornhinweg FIRED, Mooch in sights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Detroit: Mornhinweg FIRED, Mooch in sights.

Should make Guy happy .

Rumors abound that Millen is going to make Mariucci a very NICE offer soon. Should he take it?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

And there was much rejoicing.

Yay!

Should Mariucci take it? Well, that depends. If he doesn't mind an insufferable blowhard of limited intelligence as his GM, a penny-pinching fool of an owner, and coaching the most talent-poor incarnation of a moribund, hopeless franchise, inevitably sabotaging his own career with the inescapable failure that is Lions football, all so he can make a ton of cash and be close to his old friend, Tom Izzo... then yes, he should take the job.

However, if he is sane, he will run away, nay, flee to the far corners of the Earth.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Millen may be an insufferable blowhard, but I don't think he is stupid. Whether or not he is GM material is another question altogether.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

and coaching the most talent-poor incarnation of a moribund, hopeless franchise, inevitably sabotaging his own career

I didn't know the Bengals were trying to get Mooch... didn't they hire Lewis ?

Hey... they got Harrington, and thus a future.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Sikander remembers "the Chuck Long era" and sighs.

Comment

It could be worse... you could be known as the place QBs go to die (ie, Cincy).

Comment

It could be worse... you could be known as the place QBs go to die (ie, Cincy).
              Cincinnatti, the Quarterback's Graveyard.

Comment

Then again... one day they did make the SuperBowl.. TWICE. They had the wonderful luck of meeing Joe Montana there both times.

Comment

Then again... one day they did make the SuperBowl.. TWICE. They had the wonderful luck of meeing Joe Montana there both times.
                  And I had the wonderful fate of collecting money on both occasions for my winning bets.

Comment

:gasp: There is betting on football!

Comment

I don't blame him, but it doesn't bode well for his trustworthiness. Why give him a vote of confidence?

Comment

And I do think this is a good move for Mooch.

What else can he do? There are no other openings- aside from San Fransisco . He could wait another year. But probalby the only new opening will be Arizona which is probalby worse than Detoit.

Their record is like 5 and 28 in the last 3 years.

Mooch has no place to go but up.

Comment

and coaching the most talent-poor incarnation of a moribund, hopeless franchise, inevitably sabotaging his own career

I didn't know the Bengals were trying to get Mooch... didn't they hire Lewis ?

Hell, Imran, they said the same thing about Detroit when they had B. Sanders.

Comment

Maybe. Maybe not.

In the latter half of the season, Joey Harrington was alarmingly reminiscent of Scott Mitchell.
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

This is an abrupt about=face from a month ago, when ford and millen said Morningswag's job was secure, so they must have a replacement already set up; 90% it's mooch, if not dennis green.

Im not expecting miracles either way. We're still massively screwed against the salary cap from the procession of bozos the past few years (charlie batch).

Unlike most cleveland brown fans, I actually wish the team WOULD move so we could have a completely new franchise from the owner down. That'll never happen .
                              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X