I Met a Man From Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuncanK
    Sounds like an interesting fellow to talk with. Are you sure he was a Communist though. Maybe he only knew haw to use short polemic phrases.
    He said he was a member of the Communist Party of Iraq. Today he's a member of the Communist Party of the USA, so he's declined quite a bit. ;-) But hell, at least he actually took up arms against his government, so I ain't one to denegrate the man.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

He says American heilcopters were present and just watched as they were slaughtered. He was captured and tortured by Hussein's men. He escaped and lived in a refugee camp in Saudi Arabia for years before emigrating to America. He's now a citizen.
      Obviously not the brightest man, is he?

I certainly wouldn't emigrate to a country that had troops that just watched as my friends was slaughtered and I was captured.

I think he embellished a little bit, or he's as dumb as a rock. Either way, his opinion is as useful as Pee Wee Herman's.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        I certainly wouldn't emigrate to a country that had troops that just watched as my friends was slaughtered and I was captured.
        No one else was helping out the Iraqi refugees, just the US. The option was emigrating or remaining in a tent in the Saudi desert. Lots of folks the US has screwed over move to the US. It's still the best place to make a living and once you're here you don't have to worry about being killed for your views as much.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

We can go round and round bringing up people from Iraq with differing opinions on the issue. So what's your point?

So true. A friend wrote me to tell of his experience at a debate in Berkeley. He said the tide was decisively turned when an Iraqi speaker assured the crowd that Iraq's residents were hoping against hope the US would invade and get rid of Saddam once and for all.
          Last edited by mindseye; January 28, 2003, 13:35.
          Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            No one else was helping out the Iraqi refugees, just the US. The option was emigrating or remaining in a tent in the Saudi desert. Lots of folks the US has screwed over move to the US. It's still the best place to make a living and once you're here you don't have to worry about being killed for your views as much.
            I know a couple of Iraqis myself who moved here fairly recently.

And if you're communist, why the hell would you move to the US when countries like Canada are much more left wing and available too?

Very fishy.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
            X