Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacTBone
    I've been to the dunes a few times and almost every time there are hundreds of fishies belly up.
    That's not pollution. Fish die-offs are normal in Lake Michigan. However, the further South you are, the more the lake smells. Or maybe it's just the closer to Gary you are. I don't like swimming in the lake cause its cold.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The lake has had it's polution problems in the past. But they are doing a good job of cleaning it up, and Oak Street Beach off North Michigan Avenue is wonderful.

And another reason to like Chicago... It has the best Pizza in the world.

*waiting for Imran to respond*
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Perfect climate?!?!? It's way below freezing in the Winters and it's boiling in the Summers. Chicago is easily the worst place I've ever lived in in terms of weather.
        "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
        -Bokonon

Comment

Fall is perfect though, and it easily makes up for the whole rest of the year.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Ah, the rantings of a senile moderator .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Hey, im no Geordie

just live in Geordieland ..

Im actually from Chester. (Lived in Nottingham for 2 years Rothy, your part of the country also).
              "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                I've heard from everyone I trust that Chiago has THE best pizza ever. I've never tried it though...
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Re: Chicago

Originally posted by Rothy
                  ,Perfect Climate/weather,
                  well if you have previously lived on antarctica, you'll find the winters rather mild

Comment

Hi, thanks a lot for the informative posts here. I wasnt just talking about temperatures but also the fact it aint just one big desert like the west :/ . The Quality of grass is a big thing to me. Would anyone be able be able to provide me with financial information about Chicago tho, what are the wages like, and how do they compare to standard of living??.

As for the East Midlands Viceroy, this is the boring part of the country innit!, no character...

Cheers
                    Matt
                    Up The Millers

Comment

some of us like desert .

All the great prophets have had spiritual experiences there

Comment

Originally posted by Rothy
                        Hi, thanks a lot for the informative posts here. I wasnt just talking about temperatures but also the fact it aint just one big desert like the west :/ .
                        The pacific NorthWest and most of California don't fall under the category of desert.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Really? I've heard California is very desert like, depends how we would define a desert climate I guess..
                          I would define non-desert area's as an area where soft grass grows natrually.....
                          Up The Millers

Comment

Northern California has many national forest and is very forested

Southern California is very deserty. Central California has a lot of farmland I believe. And central eastern California has a national park and many mountains and wilderness. Along with a Lake bordering Nevada.

Comment

The Quality of grass is a big thing to me.
                              Then Berkeley is where you want to be.
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                                some of us like desert .

All the great prophets have had spiritual experiences there
                                some of the most enjoyable drives i had were through mojave and a bit of arizona (although that hardly qualifies as desert proper).
                                middle eastern deserts are also cool

Comment

Working...
                                X