Acting like a total idiot is very fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acting like a total idiot is very fun

Throughout our lives people always act normal. They don't want to look like an idiot in front of other people, that would hurt their reputation. So my brother and I, whenever it won't hurt our social status, act like complete idiots. You never really get the chance to do this, so you might as well do it

Today was one of those perfect opportunities. One of the things we do is make a big scene in front of strangers. He started off when we were in our front yard. Whenever a car drove by, he acted like he was really mad at me and would start screaming at me. We decided that there was a small chance someone might report us or something, so we decided to do something else. By my suggestion, every time a car went by my brother would do a really weird modern/interpretive dance, and they would just give him a really weird look as they drove by. And then we decided to do more. I sat down on one side of the yard, in the meditating position pretending I was meditating, and my brother was on the other side of the yard, pretending to do a sort of modern dance version of Tai Chai. The problem was one of my brother's friends' mom drove by. And she knows who we are.

Well, the whole thing was the funnest thing I've done for a long time. I laughed til my sides hurt. I suggest you guys should try it to.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

good old streaking is the ultimate thing! It's fun too.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I like acting like an idiot on 'Poly
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

So, tell me... What is life like in prison? Or is it the insane asylum?

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

i liked doing things like that...then i hit puberty
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

I just got burned.
            "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              I like acting like an idiot on 'Poly

Truer words were never said...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Test only...

Never mind, the results were negative.
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I like acting like an idiot too.

That's a good idea, john, but I can't try it here because A) about a car every 4 hours drives by my house, and B) it is 30F outside.

Maybe when it gets warmer. Or how about, you could be rolling yourself up in Duct Tape while you're doing the Modern Tai Chi Dance?
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I agree, I have been doing it for 29 years, and I've had a lot of fun doing it.

Comment

pekka, what about streaking throught the sauan sausage in hand
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

mrt144, that's not even streaking . That's normal..
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I remember when a friend of mine did something similar: every time a car went past, he'd rub his leg in a suggestive manner to them.

At one point, he did it to a passing lorry, and the driver made a hand gesture at him to indicate his displeasure at this amusing exercise. What was funnier was that the lorry driver came back the other way about 10 minutes later and did the exact same thing.
                          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I work at McDonald's so i act like an idiot every day

Comment

Working...
                            X