Iraq training children to soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq training children to soldiers

I read about this today, or yesterday. I even have a picture of it, but I don't know how to post a picture.

What do you think of this? These kids were 12 years old. Now, this is NOT a sign to NOT attack. This is sign to attack fast! What kind of a leader puts its own children to front lines? A leader who needs to be changed, pronto.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Also don't cry here 'baby killers' and stuff like that. Saddam is forcing these children. Now, what kind of a man fights with children? If he doesn't have enough men to fight for him, then he needs to submit by default, before US attacks, and not get his children killed too!

I can see their propaganda already 'look at what US troops did to our children'.. well who was the maniac who 'trained' and put them fighting. They don't stand a chance against grown men, and it's unfair. I say let's take Saddam to the back of the sauna. Bullet in the neck.

edit: this alone proves that he is not fit for being a leader.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Pekka
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
        If he doesn't have enough men to fight for him, then he needs to submit by default, before US attacks, and not get his children killed too!
        Why should Iraq submit to the U.S. if they believe the U.S. is being an aggressor?

If the U.S. was in the desperate military straits Iraq is in now and facing an imminent invasion from a far-superior country, you can bet every person who could hold a gun--man, woman, child--would be preparing to resist with armed force.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Boris, Not with 12 year old kids.. I could accept 16 year old kids if _properly_ trained and if they did indeed volunteer themselves. Sure no one wants to loose, but forcing kids to fight for their dictatorship should not be tolerated, this move alone is a reason to attack.
          In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            Boris, Not with 12 year old kids.. I could accept 16 year old kids if _properly_ trained and if they did indeed volunteer themselves. Sure no one wants to loose, but forcing kids to fight for their dictatorship should not be tolerated, this move alone is a reason to attack.
            I guarantee you, were the U.S. in the same situation, we'd be preparing everyone who could to defend the country.

Keep in mind, he's preparing for a defense of the country from an unjust attack. That's a far cry from preparing them to partake in an offensive war. While I don't like any forced military service, this doesn't strike me as anything worth attacking over, since we're the ones provoking it.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I understand your point of view. But as I think this could be avoided if Saddam would just step down and give up.. why won't he just do that?
              In da butt.

Comment

yes, of course, Boris, he's defending the nation, not himself.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Generally Boris, in case of Iraq, what does that change? I mean, not only these 12 years old children, if this is indeed the case, are worth far less than grown men in military terms, still, Iraq stands no chance of beating US. Sure, it won't be as easy as the war against Taliban who used obsolete weapons, but still, there's no way how USA could possibly fail to achieve what it wants with military - like destruction of all Iraqi weapons and Saddam himself.
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I mean this is the situation to not think about personal pride. He KNOWS they're going to loose, children or no children. He could just step down, cry for mercy, lay down all the weapons with promise from the US to not attack. Full co-operation. Man for the people would even kill himself if it came to that, think about the people and the kids, and not himself.
                    In da butt.

Comment

So the question is not what can he do to defend himself against the US, but how many people is he going to take with him. If he has any decency left, he'd go alone, or take as few as possible and not the whole nation.
                      In da butt.

Comment

If the US were facing an invasion of overwhelming odds, that we had no chance of winning, anyone who was capable of holding a gun and aiming would be trained to do so while we still had time. As inneffective as twelve year old children are, there are times when you sacrifice everything. We'd do it. I see no reason to excoriate the Iraqis for doing the same.

In an ideal world, children would never be soldiers. In an ideal world, the US wouldn't be preparing to invade Iraq.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Full cooperation would not be possible, because of how many fanatic supporters are there in Iraq who actually want Saddam to fight.

But he shouldn't be making statements that he will beat the crap out of US military, etc.
                          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

how do I post a picture?
                            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              In an ideal world, children would never be soldiers. In an ideal world, the US wouldn't be preparing to invade Iraq.
                              In and ideal world, the US wouldn't need to invade Iraq
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X