What is wrong with France?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paiktis22
    and in those threads you were beaten to the groundboth times. like the savage colonials were blowed away from the island.
    history repeats itself.
    Well open her up then, Chickenheart
    And quit jackin' this thread

Comment

• I always wondered about it while reading classical literature in translation -- you know, the words are different, syntax are different, yet what you read in translation always has what appears to be a proper meter -- even though that shouldn't be possible, if you stay faithful to the original. Is what we read actually a translation, or somethig better considered a paraphrasing?

The most egregious example of this I've seen was a collection of classical Greek comedies, where not only did the meter work and the words rhyme, but there were unstandable puns. Puns!
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozz
        If you can't put some wit and thought into your posts
        I won't waste my time answering, Not only are you
        posting mindless dribble, but your last 4 posts don't even tie in to the thread topic. If you want to talk
        Cyprus open the thread up again and i'll grind you
        to powder (with facts and logic) again.

Otherwise post something bashing or insulting to
        the French. No more quotes or poems for you, your not
        worth it.
        Easy there Ozzy. Paiktis just enjoys trolling the new guys ever now and then. Since you are ranked as a settler he knew you were an easy mark.

BTW Paki is imfamous for his ability to threadjack. With practice you'll learn and he'll leave you alone.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING FRENCH:

back towards topic...

1. When speaking fast you can make yourself sound gay.
          2. Experience the joy of winning the World Cup for the first time
          3. You get to eat insect food like snails and frog's legs.
          4. If there's a war you can surrender really early.
          5. You don't have to read the subtitles on those late night films on Channel 4.
          6. You can test your own nuclear weapons in other people's countries.
          7. You can be ugly and still become a famous film star.
          8. Allow Germans to march up and down your most famous street humiliating your sense of national pride.
          9. You don't have to bother with toilets, just **** in the street.
          10. People think you're a great lover even when you're not.

I think some of them could be indications of stereotypical malfunctions of the subject nationality.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Yes, and think of all the money you'd save never having to bath.

Comment

• And you talk about Europeans stereotyping Americans
              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

• Wernazuma: This is a bash the French thread. Using stupid jingoist stereotypes is not only expected but they are encouraged. Come on and join in. You'll have fun.

Comment

• Re: TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING FRENCH:

Originally posted by notyoueither
                  back towards topic...

8. Allow Germans to march up and down your most famous street humiliating your sense of national pride.

I think some of them could be indications of stereotypical malfunctions of the subject nationality.

ABSURD
                  SCANDALOUS
                  HOW DARE YOU

snails and frogs are NOT insects!!!

Comment

• He's got you there NYE!

Comment

• Zuma: Of course if you don't want to bash the French you could always start an American bashing thread. I like making fun of rednecks myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                        Easy there Ozzy. Paiktis just enjoys trolling the new guys ever now and then. Since you are ranked as a settler he knew you were an easy mark.

BTW Paki is imfamous for his ability to threadjack. With practice you'll learn and he'll leave you alone.
                        You give him more credit than due.

I do see a pattern, a couple of reasonable posts,
                        then mindless dribble until the thread dies, like this
                        one. Threadjack, threadkiller is more like it.

I've shown him the crappy sh*t greece is responsible for, that's why he tries to drag each thread back to Cyprus. But he won't reopen that thread. , and
                        til he does i won't respond to any of his posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozz

The Railroad trilogy by G. Lightfoot- Excellent

The French really hate the "Maple Leaf Forever"
                          Why would the French care ?
                          What?

Comment

• Originally posted by Richelieu
                            Why would the French care ?
                            I honesty don't know, I think it has to do with Wolfe
                            reminding them of the "conquest". (which I don't understand eithier, it was about cutting supplies
                            of cod,furs, and Naval timber to france, not aimed
                            specifically at conquering Quebec for Quebec's sake.)

Also the Fluer de iles is not entined.

The song has been neutered and rewritten, and a PC
                            plagiarized version is sung by A. Murray at hockey games.

Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                            And planted firm Britannia's flag
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride,
                            And join in love together,
                            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                            The Maple Leaf Forever

Comment

• Re: TOP 10 REASONS FOR BEING FRENCH:

Originally posted by notyoueither
                              back towards topic...

That list is 5 years out of date, #2 no longer applies.

I still prefer the Canada list:

1. It beats being an American.

2. The only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

3. You can play ice hockey 12 months a year, outdoors.

4. The only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

5. Where else can you travel 1,000 miles over fresh water in a canoe?

6. A political leader can admit to smoking pot and his/her popularity ratings will rise.

7. The only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground.

8. You can kill Grizzly bears with huge shotguns and cover your house in their skins.

9. Own-an-Eskimo scheme.

10. The only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to the ground
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Definitely true (particularly the shots at the US. Canadian identity does seem strongly associated with NOT being American).

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X