No announcement yet.

What is wrong with France?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paiktis, if your not going to mock France, please be quiet.
    I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
    i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I myself hate the sloppy way it was introduced. Not that it wasn't a major thing to do and that there were major problems for such a great feat. There weren't.

But we are the generation that suffered all the speculative tricks shrewd businessmen thought of and implemented and states were incapable of controlling. (like artificial raise of prices which indeed did translate to higher inflation).

Comment

All of Europe wants to join the EU and also Turkey
        They should let them... It's still Emperialistic... Creative Emperialism... And to think the US is always getting the hack for that.

Unstable foreign economic issues are a concern for America and the UK and should be a concern for the whole world. The EU is a representation of such an economy... Though I am not saying we should only do buisness with Argentina.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

@ Chris

Comment

EU cannot let in a country that has no real democracy,tortures and mass killings of its population.
            These taken away, the EU will think about it.

Also If Turkey joins the financial cost would be crushing not to mention that we would have common borders with Iraq Syria and others.

There is still much discussion to be done on this point.

Having said that I support the entrance of Turkey if and when it becomes democratic.

Comment

Paiktis, Äåí èá åíï÷ëïýìïõí áðü ôç äïëïöïíßá ïñéóìÝíïé ÃÜëëïé.

Seriously.
              I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

Chris the french are just protecting their interests.
                It is a matter which has many parameters .
                Also the Germans paid huge for the last war in the gulf, they don't want to pay again.
                There are many paramteres to this as you know.

Comment

They can protest and complain all they like.

I hear they owe the EU a considerable sum due to some agriculture matters, so they need some ready cash, from, say, Saddam......

Comment

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just" Thomas Jefferson

France's biggest mistake: helping the US come into being (why would anyone be so masochistic?)
                    France's 2nd biggest mistake: The Statue of Liberty as a gift to such ungrateful kids (only makes thier heads bigger, doesn't it?)

What's right with France?

The Women
                    The Food
                    The Wine
                    The Culture
                    The Countryside

I now await the "Jingo Boys"...
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

EU cannot let in a country that has no real democracy,tortures and mass killings of its population.
                      and then... the hazings.

France's biggest mistake: helping the US come into being (why would anyone be so masochistic?)
                      France's 2nd biggest mistake: The Statue of Liberty as a gift to such ungrateful kids (only makes thier heads bigger, doesn't it?)
                      The US and UK's mistake, bailing out France...You should all be speaking German!

The US has repaid France in countless ways for the "support" given in the Revolution and for a nice statue... Like saving your butts! Yet, they still haven't paid for making Quebec! (just kidding)
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

The US and UK's mistake, bailing out France...You should all be speaking German!

The US has repaid France in countless ways for the "support" given in the Revolution and for a nice statue... Like saving your butts! Yet, they still haven't paid for making Quebec! (just kidding)
                        "Support": Without the French, the US might very easily not exist at all, or ina very different form.
                        "Countless?" 1, 2... hey, most people can count to 2! and that is if you assume the Germans were actually going to win once their spring 1918 offensive pettered out (at which point, American forces on the ground in France were minimal).
                        Oh, and as for the UK: They would be speaking German as well, but were saved (as they have, countless times) by 24 miles of water. Life is easier with a Moat, isn't it? After all, most times someone got through, they won....

The US saved France in 1945, and since then, Americans haven't been able to figure out why the French don't go around kissing their asses every day, which is why Americans hate the French so...It galls americans to have anyone both think they are better than us, and tell it to our faces (after all, US #1 and all that crap)

Comment

It galls americans to have anyone both think they are better than us, and tell it to our faces (after all, US #1 and all that crap)
                          Sounds like the French have a problem with it too.

What's so masochistic about it?

The US saved France in 1945
                          That seems to round it out!

Ungrateful?!! Would we hold as such a prize possesion if we did not appreciate it?! What are you trying to get at? So we need a gift from France to make us feel all warm and fuzzy? Why would you even think that? If it was up to me I'd send it back!

I generally agree with you on other topics Gepap, but not on this one. France and the US have long history of friendship and peace between the two countries, and I would like to see it continue.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

can I join the mudslinging too? can I? can I?
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Japher:

I am only trying to rile up the rabid (foaming at the mouth rabid) American Francophobes we have in this forum. I can understand why Birts might always like insulting the French: after all, they are basically family, and have been dealing with each other for 900 plus years now. Americans have only been around 400 at best, and had their own country for 230 something, and yet we are more rabid in our Francophobia than the English. Interestingly enough, the French don't care about the English anymore, and do prefer to go after Americans (poor English, keep taunting the French, but the French no longer don't give a damn...)

So I am glad you want to see France and the US allies and friends. So do I, but tell that to the "jingo boys" here on the forum.

Comment

Right. Cause trying to prevent Saddam from having access to chemical and biological weapons, after he used them in the past to kill tens or hundreds of thousands - that would be insane, right?
                                Strawman! The fact is that chemical and biological weapons are difficult to use effectively and have seldom been worth the trouble of using.

Weapons which have killed many more people include machine guns, aerial bombardment and swords. Why aren't these included as weapons of mass destruction?

The inclusion of chemical and biological weapons next to nukes is akin to including cod and salmon next to great whites as 'dangerous fish'.

Comment

Working...
                                X