• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boss Wants Me to Stay

Originally posted by MarkG
    no drachma. euro as well

i went from a 6 figure to a 3 figure salary
    3 figures? damn, that sounds depressing despite the value of the currency. i make 4 figures over the summer
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: Re: Boss Wants Me to Stay

Originally posted by Ozz

Fool me once shame on you
      Fool me twice shame on me

They already have lied to and cheated you, why stay around for more?
      One fish in your mouth is better two in the pond? Something like that.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boss Wants Me to Stay

Originally posted by UberKruX
        3 figures? damn, that sounds depressing despite the value of the currency. i make 4 figures over the summer
        well thank god for my apolyton income
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boss Wants Me to Stay

well thank god for my apolyton income
          whats that up to now, 13 figures?
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boss Wants Me to Stay

no drachma. euro as well

i went from a 6 figure to a 3 figure salary
            So there's no Turkish Lira now either? And why did both Italians and Turks have the sam crappy currency?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Boss Wants Me to Stay

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              One fish in your mouth is better two in the pond? Something like that.
              Originally posted by Seeker
              I KNOW I could work somewhere else at almost the same pay and not have to work Saturdays.
              Picking the lesser evil, eating is not the issue.

I think its'

One bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
              Ben Franklin

or

One foot in your mouth is better than two in yer mouth
              Ozz

Comment

Turkish Lira is still around...they not even in the European Union, let alone a Euro user.
                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                  Turkish Lira is still around...they not even in the European Union, let alone a Euro user.
                  shh...this is the acting stupid troll.

(Of course before with the Itlaians, I had forgotton that they were fully on the euro. It's a subtle thing...acting stupid versus being stupid.)

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                    (It's a subtle thing...acting stupid versus being stupid.)
                    Like were imagination meets reality

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Boss Wants Me to Stay

Originally posted by UberKruX
                      whats that up to now, 13 figures?
                      not even in turkish liras
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Interesting development:

I've been made an offer to become a recruiter in Canada.

I would get 45% of the 1.2-1.5 mil Won 'headhunting' fee, or about $500 Cnd per warm body.

The only qualfications the applicants would need is a 4 year Uni degree, and native English speaker, plus willing to work in Korea for a year.

The offers are fairly sweet too, about $33 000 Cnd for the year plus Fri, Sat, and Sun off, paid airfare, paid rent and appartment, Health, etc.

There is no quota to make.

There are two fairly major problems:

A. Finding grads who want to work in Korea for a whole year. I imagine ads in papers, fliers at the university, maybe rent a desk.

B. If a teacher bolts and leaves before finishing the contract, the recruiter is legally responsible in Korea and must pay a fairly large fine (airfare, finders fee). And fair chunk of unreliable types DO bolt.

So if I decide to do this I would be relying on my ability to judge character and on the integrity of others...(EEEEEKKK!!!)

Of course in my dreams I'd find a couple every month, but any money is nice...
                        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

You forgot the alumni office at UWO.

About the bolters - isn't there some kind of penalty clause in the contract? Since you are in Canada you can double up as bounty hunter
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Cool....actually, some of my Italian relatives are actually bill collectors...

Does anyone have any gold chains I could try out? Pinky rings?
                            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Hey, see, your future is calling you

Comment

Working...
                              X