A good movie with "death" themes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good movie with "death" themes....

I like a movie with where character's have to deal with death, or imminence of death approaching them. It intrigues me. Is there any good movie with this theme I can watch? Movie doesnt have to be all about death, Titanic had scenes of people preparing for their doom and how different people reacted in different way...

its late and before i go i can think of few examples of movies so you can recommend me a similar ones.

Ikiru
    Seventh Seal
    All quiet on the western front
    :-p

Zombie Flesheaters

Or Stalingrad.
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Try to find "Last Holiday," a 1950s comedy/drama starring Alec Guiness. That's my favorite on this topic (after Seventh Seal).

Also "Harold and Maude." Really.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Re: A good movie with "death" themes....

Originally posted by Calc II
        I like a movie with where character's have to deal with death, or imminence of death approaching them. It intrigues me. Is there any good movie with this theme I can watch? Movie doesnt have to be all about death, Titanic had scenes of people preparing for their doom and how different people reacted in different way...

its late and before i go i can think of few examples of movies so you can recommend me a similar ones.

Ikiru
        Seventh Seal
        All quiet on the western front
        Actually, perhaps the best picture of 2002 is about death: When We Were Soldiers.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

DOA (the 50's original, not the 90's remake...)
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
            DOA (the 50's original, not the 90's remake...)
            Yes! One of my favorite film noirs (films noirs?) ever! Can't believe I forgot that one.
            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Final Destination 2
              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
              Drake Tungsten
              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
              Albert Speer

Comment

Stone Boy. Probably the best movie nobody ever heard of. Robert Duvall, Glenn Close and Wilfred Brimsley all worked for peanuts just to be in this.

Comment

Dead Man Walking with Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn.
                  Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Dead Alive
                    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Not a great movie by any means, but still viewable and fits the bill;

Dragonfly
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Jarmusch's (sp?) "Dead Man" was great I thought.
                        He's got the Midas touch.
                        But he touched it too much!
                        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Wasn't it Johnny Depp in "Dead man"?

Another good one is Sleepy Hollow...
                          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

The Core
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
                              Final Destination 2
                              What?

Comment

Working...
                              X