Segway's Banned in San Francisco!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Segway's Banned in San Francisco!

View the latest news and breaking news today for U.S., world, weather, entertainment, politics and health at CNN.com.

My friend was thinking of getting one because he's so lazy he cant handle walking up all those hills.

Sucks for him.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

When segways are outlawed, only outlaws will have segways.

Comment

They can have my Segway when they drag it out from under my quarter ton, dead by heart attack carcass.
      "On this ship you'll refer to me as idiot, not you captain!"
      - Lone Star

Comment

Ever been in S.F. ? I kind of see the reasoning.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Talk about a flop. I mean, those things disappeared even before anyone actually used a single one. That must be a new record.
          I refute it thus!
          "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            Ever been in S.F. ? I kind of see the reasoning.
            You Murrican sissies are just afraid of walking, aren't you?
            - Lone Star

Comment

Looks like Tom Ammiano is setting himself up for the next mayoral election. He connects well with the gay community because of his personal life.

That almost always guarantees a winner.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Jaakko

You Murrican sissies are just afraid of walking, aren't you?
                Not really, but I hate to think of being on a Segway with San Francisco cab drivers anywhere in the area.
                I can move quicker, if I'm walking.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

From what I hear, you should move to NY, then you'd REALLY move whenever a cab driver showed up.
                  - Lone Star

Comment

That may well be, I just know that when the cabs in SF go through intersections that flatten out on the referenced hills, they go airborne.
                    I think cab drivers are a little deranged, wherever they are.

Comment

So the yellow is really there to warn everyone to get out of the way?
                      - Lone Star

Comment

You got it.

Comment

Has anybody seen one used in real life? Amazon claims that they are selling like hotcakes, so it'd be odd if nobody has seen one.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I have never seen one in Las Vegas. And I do a lot of driving at my job.

People in my city can be tough. They would just knock the guy off and steal it . I just don't think they are practical enough.

Comment

Apparently one was spotted by my church, once. I have never seen one in real life though.
                              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                              Drake Tungsten
                              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                              Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                              X