Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lombardi Handicappers' League: Week 21 (Super Bowl XXXVII)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lombardi Handicappers' League: Week 21 (Super Bowl XXXVII)

Ah, it's that time of year again. Super Bowl time.

The standings going into the final week of the season:

zoom 155 SA 158
    reismarkTK 155
    RAH-SKP 146
    Laser 144
    [BBB]brtndr4u 134
    ColdWizard (SKP) 127
    Berzerker 123
    Ming SKP 123
    Chris Poulos 123
    J-rabbit 123
    Vlad Wood {SPW} 120
    The Peacemaker-TFB 120
    [BBB]mactbone 116
    Sloth 110
    Guynemer TFB 109
    Slow Hand 107
    Imran Siddiqui 107
    Drake Apolyton 93
    [BBB]ixnay37 88
    MOBIUS [SPW] 88
    MrWizardSA 73
    SuperSneak SPW 71
    Sam aka Fuel SA 53
    John Thornton TFB 52
    Orioles 25

This is still wide open, guys, with a lot of people with a shot at a bonus:

Berzerker (Raiders), Imran (Raiders), Laser (Raiders), me (Bucs), Zoom (Bucs)

Here's an explanation of this week's picks. There'll be two picks: You'll pick the Super Bowl as you have been all year, and you'll pick the over/under. What the latter essentially means is I'll provide a number and you'll tell me whether the final combined score of the game will be over or under that number.

Scoring for the week:

+12 correct SB pick
    +6 correct O/U pick
    -3 incorrect O/U pick
    -6 incorrect SB pick

Something a little different this week:

DO NOT POST YOUR PICKS IN THIS THREAD!

Instead, please submit them to me via PM. This is to keep everything fair. I would appreciate two things:

-- One volunteer to keep a record of my picks. I WILL NOT accept picks this week until someone has done so - I DO NOT want to be accused of giving myself an unfair advantage.

-- Each person to simply post here to inform the group they've made their selections, so the thread stays near the top

Here's the line:

Oakland/Tampa Bay Raiders by 3 1/2 44 1/2

Again, this is still wide open as all hell.

GOOD LUCK!
    Last edited by reismark; January 21, 2003, 10:48.
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Go ahead and send your picks to me.
    I'm sure others won't object.
    Besides, we know you're picking the bucs.

Darn, I won't be able to pick oposite of Berz. Even though I know he's picking the raiders.

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So are any of you going to San Diego to watch the big game? I'm going to be there, of course, I live there but that's decides the point.

BTW The NFL & the city are both throwing a three day long street party in San Diego's Historic Gaslamp District. It should be an absolute blast; it sure was last time the Super Bowl was in town.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

*smacks head*

I got so caught up in the moment, I forgot to post the line...

Oakland/Tampa Bay Raiders by 3 1/2 44 1/2
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

My picks have been sent to rah. You may start submitting your picks to me now.

Comment

I have received the PM, and will not open it untill I have submitted mine.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I sent mine to the Ferret King.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sloww: Better make sure I have it...

Comment

If he doesn' send it, I'll forward the one that he sent me.

I have sent mine to you.

Good luck all.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

PLEASE STOP SENDING ME YOUR PICKS>

SEND THEM TO REISMARK.

Thank you.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Have to watch what you ask for, don't you ?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Picks sent...
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Picks sent.

Why have em secret?

Not that it matters, but this isn't a money league.
                          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

Chris 62: So that people at the top can't make *defensive* picks. You'll figure out what that means.

Three days to go...

...go Bucs...

...Let's go Bucs...

Comment

I almost was going to cheer for the Bucs.
                              Then decided, nahhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X