• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search for yourself...on the Internet

Anyone ever get bored and do this?

Worse, anyone ever find themselves?

Because I just did...

Typed in "David Floyd" (excluding the word "Pink") on Yahoo, and site #62 was a post I made on an old message board in 1999. Iain Lindley was on there too

The search continues.

Anyone else?
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

been there, done that.

luckily there are a ton of people with my name . Helps protect my real name a little bit. I was disappointed my real name showed up on irc. I have to figure out how to edit my options.

P.S. If I search my screen name I get too many results. It's a commone word- especially in the news.

Comment

Did it, couldn't find a thing...

Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Everything on the first page of google results is me: My website, listing on the school honor roll, Apolyton-related stuff, and a java program that i did for CS160 last semester

Comment

Hmmm....

Aaglo - Russian cave derigging trip
          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            been there, done that.

luckily there are a ton of people with my name . Helps protect my real name a little bit. I was disappointed my real name showed up on irc. I have to figure out how to edit my options.

P.S. If I search my screen name I get too many results. It's a commone word- especially in the news.
            you know that emails I get from you also have your name..

Jon Miller
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

boy oh boy? this sounds like fun!!!
              "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
              Drake Tungsten
              "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
              Albert Speer

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

you know that emails I get from you also have your name..

Jon Miller
                Exactly what I wanted to say.

Your search - "Eli ..." - did not match any documents.
                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

that's why anyone should have two mailboxes. an official one, and the offensive spam hatemail one.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

actually the mailbox I use for my PBEM is my Yahoo one. I'll fix that...

Comment

This searching for yourself thingy is fun.

I have a fairly uncommon name, and was amazed to find dozens of people around the world with the same one as me.

Didn't find myself though!

Comment

Just found myself on a 2001 message board!

Comment

The computer age is wonderful.
                          Now those who couldn't find their ass with both hands can search for themselves on the internet.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I search for myself on Google occasionally, in order to see which college papers have picked up my opinion column. Luckily, I share a name with a respected intellectual, so my results are buried a good ten pages deep on Google. You have to enter a few qualifiers to get to my stuff, so my secret identity is safe...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Huh, David. You're right!

Comment

Working...
                              X