No announcement yet.

What's your favourite Asteroid movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they're prolly the ones where the asteroid is allowed to hit the US or the ones where the US doesn't save the world....again

Comment

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
      I'm standin' here outside your door
      I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
      But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
      The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
      Already I'm so lonesome I could die

So kiss me and smile for me
      Tell me that you'll wait for me
      Hold me like you'll never let me go
      Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
      Don't know when I'll be back again
      Oh babe, I hate to go

Armageddon this!

Comment

great song, bad movie.

Anyway, I dont like armaggedon cause its typical hooray~ good guy saved the world everything is fine and dandy.. aww self sacrifice, how noble bull crap. And even worse, I hate that Mod squad, Triple XXX and other crappy movie theme of "in order to get the best... we get the most unprofessional like" crappy plot. You call out a team of redneck oil drillers? meh~

Deep impact is lot better in that its not exactly all so happy go lucky. And whenever you can witness characters preparing for death, its worth it. I find it facinating to see people embracing death and facing them. They really did a pretty good job of displaying different kinds of people reacting to imminent doom. In addition, I find it appealing when they can give the ambiguity of letting the audience witness something beautiful while tragedy is occuring around them. The two teenagers did ended up surviving together, and we are left to conclude its a happy ending for them, but many people died and they have lost their parents. I kinda like that. Its real.

Though movie as whole wasnt too good.
        Last edited by Zero; January 22, 2003, 01:38.
        :-p

Comment

Armageddon, grrr. Makes me want to kill Liv Tyler. All she does is cry and WTF is up with the animal crackers?

So far it looks like the bananaroid is pulling away. Doesn't say much for the other movies.
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

exactly my sentiments Calc II

I did love how Deep Impact showed them preparing for death. A bit more dramatic than the emotionless Armageddon (well it pretended to have emotion, but it didn't). And I like the story of the teenagers. And Tea Leoni or whatever her name was facing death was kind of cool.

That's the thing about these disaster movies recently. Most of them don't really show how these events would actually unfold. Independence Day is another one. You have billions of people dying, and yet very little emotion is showed. That movie is so horrible.

and who voted for Armageddon!

Comment

Working...
            X