Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell has Uri Geller done to Exeter City?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell has Uri Geller done to Exeter City?!

Darth Vader Joins Exeter
    21/01/2003 08:15 AM Reuters

Darth Vader is set to become an honorary director of third division Exeter City, the actor's friend and co-chairman Uri Geller says.

Strongman David Prowse, who epitomised the dark side of The Force in the first Star Wars trilogy, will join pop superstar Michael Jackson and U.S. magician David Blaine on Exeter's board of honorary directors.

"He's a positive power now," Geller told Reuters. "There is a psychological value...you can imagine when the players of an opposition team go out knowing that Darth Vader is watching them."

Geller had been friends with cult actor Prowse for several months when he found a room at the Exeter's ground stacked high with Star Wars memorabilia and realised co-chairman John Russell was "obsessed" with The Force.

"Out of all the chairmen of all the clubs, I don't know one who is such a Star Wars fan," said Geller, an Israeli psychic best known for bending spoons.

"So I called Dave and he came to a match. Actually he fell in love with the club," added Geller. "There's something about Exeter City that's inexplicable...it has a positive power."

Prowse, 67, will be cheering for Exeter at Saturday's away match against Macclesfield Town but not behind Darth Vader's chilling black mask.

"One day I'm going to try to convince him to come on to the pitch in the full gear," said a hopeful Geller.
    Poor Exeter... first they get a spoon-bender as a chairman and now Darth Vader is their "honourary director"

Uri Geller? That old fraud is still around?

Comment

Yeah... he's the co-chairman of soccer side Exeter City along with his son

Comment

At least Eileen Drury isn't the physio.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

David Blaine however, is freaky.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I thought they kicked Geller out?

Anyway, there's another team that had Geller. Their results improved after the fraud was kicked out.
            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Reading

He was the resident "psychic" (since he live a stones throw from Reading) when Reading were mid-table Division Two. The manager had a go at him for interfering in his play-off strategy, and since then Geller shipped off to Exeter.

Now Reading are in the top half of Division One

Comment

People just don't learn from history. D'oh.
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

The only reason Geller went to Exeter is because his son was a supporter...

And now Exeter are a three ring circus with Darth Vader, Michael Jackson and David Blaine as honourary directors. Next in line will probably be Harry Potter.

Comment

Darth Vader Joins Exeter
                    I think they've put something into my coffee. does it actually say that Darth Vader joins a minor league team in the UK? what about palpatine? is he on the act too? when will the Jedi knights intervene? Is he using the stadium to build a Death star? and Geller, what the **** is he doing there? Michael Jackson as well , what's his job, to molest luke as a kid?

Holy crap, I think I am loosing it.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

They are not quite minor league yet, but soon will be if Geller doesn't get kicked out.

Comment

This is totally surreal.
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Heh-heh. The assimilation of the world into American culture is proceeding apace...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                              This is totally surreal.
                              Tell me about it. I didn't even know Geller was public any more. But acting as the psychic of a sports team?
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Working...
                              X