No announcement yet.

Best shockumentary movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well dissident you could be referring to rotten.com, or the mortuary (i don't know if it still exists though)
    => shows real pictures of people getting mangled by trains, ppl that got shot with a shotgun in the face form bout 1m distance and so on... pretty insane stuff, lots of it (i suppose most pictures) are real, and it makes you think twice about suicide with the help of a few trains...
    Also, after seeing a few of those pictures, you definately won't drive the car as fast as ya previously did ... In the news you sometimes hear about people getting killed in an accident, but on these sites, you get to see "how" they were killed... it's got good educational value actually!...

I'd prefer the good old pills actually..
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

If you want to see gore, check out the guinea pig series.. I mean those are pretty much fake and all, but my stomach turned when I watched them, and I tell you my stomach does not turn easily, in fact, it was first and only time that happened just watching tv!
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Trajanus, you'd better remove the link you've given because I one posted it and got threatened from Ming that I'll be banned if I'd post it again.

BTW, that site actually isn't the most gruesome on the list. There are at least 4 others I know, but for reasons stated above I can't give links (PM me please if you want to get links). One of these other site is extremely gruesome, it doesn't has as many pictures as site Trajanus mentioned, but it has many gore pictures, like aborted babies, wartime photos of tortued bodies, cruel homicides (with brains came out through mouth), aftermaths of accidents, pictures of bodies anomalies and diseases, etc. It has also a suicide section, which in my opinion should be showed to every person thinking about commiting a suicide.

As for shockumentaries, yep, Faces of Death is faked (some footage is real, but these are almost all just aftermaths, not real deaths (monkey brain eating and aligattor attack aren't real). Most of other shockumentaries also faked. Some "officially" (like Guinea Pig), some not. Some are not faked, but they ussually doesn't shows people dying ("Faces of Gore" shows only aftermaths of disasters; "Mondo Cane" doesn't shows any disasters at all but rather many shocking views from the world, like women breast-feeding a dog, etc. and explains why it is so). It is unclear for me werether "Executions" is faked or not. it supposedly shows actual executions of people all over the world and talks about pros and cons of capital punishment. Africa Addio (Farewell Africa), is not faked but it is probably more "typical documentary" than "shockumentary" and contains less images of true death. I am unsure about Traces of Death, but it seems this one contains more sickening medical footage than true deaths (autopsies, sex change operations, circumisation, etc.). Death Scenes is real, but it shows only photos, non-videos.

In reality, it's quite rare that death gets filmed. Those times it was filmed are widely known, and sometimes exacly those footages appears in shockumenatries (some person commiting suicide in front of live TV in USA, accident than some actor died in filming of Twilight Zone: the Movie, etc.). Those footages ussually aren't as gore as you would expect, because they are either taped from far distance or aren't visible well. For example, the accident in filming of Twilight Zone was when Helicopter fallen on actor, thus no much gore is to be found).

Comment

What the hell is the attraction of films like these?
          Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

Some people get off on watching others die.

Comment

How about Threads? a british documentary on a nuclear attack on britain. Good movie, I thought.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Not really the same category, Osweld.

Comment

this is like seeing who everyones favorite dictator was

btw i watched the "faces of gore" trailers and they are more funny than anything else. the bad reverb effect on the annoucers voice reminds me of a much lampooned drag racing circuit.

"from the twisted mind of todd chaslin visionary overlord of american horror"
                  Last edited by MRT144; January 20, 2003, 09:43.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Nah JohnT, how can you know that people like me get a thrill of seeing those movies? that's absolutely not true man! There are some weirdos out there but not me anyway, it's not like i actively search for this kind of sites you know...

it's like horror and thrillers, the movie has much more suspense when the gore is not explicitly shown, normal films are more thrilling than films with monsters etc...

I mean, never in my life would I want to shoot someone in the face, not under any circumstance actually (suppose i would be drafted in the army ), after seeing pictures of real autopsies (with mortuarium i meant the autopsyroom site)
                    Pathologists must have a hard job I reckon , not for wussies

this is probably not the forum to discuss about this huh..
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

less gore is more like in the original psycho?
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Is this thread really necessary?

I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

If someone really gets off by watching these, then they should get their head checked, or at least keep it to theirselves

I guess some people just want to know how far they can go, push their limits etc.. curiosity, excitement, it's wrong, it's bad, it's horrible, therefore you must see it.
                          Why do people stop to see when traffic accidents happen? Now those are bloody messed up things. If someone is shot, why does most people take a short peek? They know what's there, but still they do it and then regret they did? I don't know.. curiosity I guess.
                          It's not like everyone enjoys them.
                          But no, I wouldn't buy films where people are killed for the sake of it..

And as for guinea pig series, those are officially fake so I agreed to watch some of them with my buddies, and boy that was sick stuff, now if I didn't know it was fake, I would have puked and stopped watching after 1 minute.
                          I didn't stop watching because of peer pressure
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

yeah I think it is rotten dot com or something like that. I can't post an exact link.

nasty stuff

they have x-ray picture of various objects placed up rectums which is always enjoyable

Comment

bump.

aren't more people interested in rectums?

Comment

Working...
                              X