HEEEEEEEELLLLLP!!! Need Help with Star Fleet Command Three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEEEEEEEELLLLLP!!! Need Help with Star Fleet Command Three

We are trying to install our new game SFC3 and we get so far then it says we have a I/O error as well as bad media file or a bad installation file. I took the disc back to where I bought it and they tried it on their computer and it worked there but it won't work here at home.

HELP!!! We have a 1.6 processor 512 mb ram g-force 3 video card. So....any suggestions?
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Sounds like a screwy CD/DVD drive.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Sorry, no suggestions....I was thinking about buying the game, so if you get it working lemme know if it's worth it
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

we just got a new cd burner the other day could that be a problem? David.....some friends of Steve's turned him on to the game they seem to really like it but I will let you know.
        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Can you try it in another CD/DVD drive?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

no we just have the one cd. On the cd rom he has the ide cable hooked into the burner II would that conflict with the cd rom or cause problems.

Comment

I'm confused...

You have a CD-ROM and a CD burner on the same computer?

Comment

yes I think if I'm reading the box right we have cd rom and a cd-r/rw burner? writer thingy Come guys here I'm am a duck out of water in this element I need some seriuos help

Comment

So you've tried the CD in both your CD ROM and your CD burner? Both drives are capable of reading a CD, make sure you've tried both to install...

Comment

When I have a problem with a game, I go to the manufacturer's website and email their tech-service people.

Comment

no we only tried it in the cd rom not the burner so we will try that.

Comment

**tia bows to the great and powerful Asher** That was it when we tried it in the burner it worked so thanks to you Asher for solving the evenings delima.

Hubby says that the guys at polly are awesome!

Comment

Having a cd-rom and a CD-RW is kind of redundant, unless you copy a lot of CDs.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Tia: Glad it worked.

Originally posted by Tuberski
                            Having a cd-rom and a CD-RW is kind of redundant, unless you copy a lot of CDs.

ACK!
                            This is why it's always a good idea to have a redundant drive. Some games hate some drives, for some reason...

Comment

A lot of people start with a CD-ROM drive and add a CD-RW drive later. BTW some drives have problems with copy protection schemes.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X