Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS gives dividends for the first time ($870M), stock split, Xbox surprise performer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good posts, GP! That money is doing no good, and should really be paid to the investors. Sure, that money probably yields 3-5% per annum, but that is nowhere near the ~40% (talking out of memory) profit they make of their sales.

But the main point is that while MS well could use all that cash to buy several other corporations and thus get much bigger, it doesn't mean the synergy will make the new huge MS-empire better. A shareholder would most probably be better off by getting the cash and invest the money himself. There's an incredible arrogance in management thinking their tenth-best investment idea is better than their shareholders' first-best idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
      Like I said earlier, from everything I read MS is not, repeat not going to be paying dividends out of retained earnings (the $43b) but out of current earnings.
      Right...
      which means less profit each year is going to the company, which means the stash should grow slower, right?

BTW, does anyone know where I can find detailed information on MS' report? I want to know in particular the performance of the Home Entertainment division, I know their revenues are up over $1B now, but I don't know net profit (or loss)...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
      X