Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arabs 'boycotting Ariel washing powder'

Arabs 'boycotting Ariel washing powder'

Arabs are reportedly boycotting Ariel washing powder, in the belief that it is named after Israeli leader Ariel Sharon.

Pravda says spiritual leaders in Egypt have called on citizens to boycott Ariel, which is made by US firm Procter and Gamble.

Pravda claims the Egyptians believe the name is associated with the Israeli prime minister, and say the product label includes a Star of David.

A number of US companies, including Coca Cola and McDonalds, have seen sales suffer from Arab boycotts in the Middle East.

can this be true?
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Ariel washing powder - it literally blows the dirt away!

Comment

Way to have an ineffectual, stupid boycott!
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

That was funny

Comment

Ethnically cleanses at only 40C!

Comment

Well... That thingie at the top can be viewed as a Star of David... It has six, errrm, endings, and... what the hell am I doing? Trying to justify them?
            Attached Files
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

LOL, yea now you mentioned it....
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Perhaps they will not watch Little Mermaid either
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Arabs using washing powder? Well that's new!
                  får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Ariel: sweeps terrorist bacteria!
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Perhaps a rebrand for the middle east is in order
                      Attached Files
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

More evidence of how stupid Egypt is.

Comment

I thought it was named after the Little Mermaid.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Maybe Ariel Sharon is the little Murmaid!

After all, he's old enough to have meet H.C. Andersen...

Comment

This is actually old news. I read it in the Guardian a couple of months ago. I wonder why ananova has only just got wind of it.

Edit -

As the United States prepares to launch a war against Iraq, consumers across the Islamic world are protesting with a boycott of American and western goods.

A spokesman for P&G is less convinced. He said: "It's ridiculous, Ariel was around long before the Israeli leader. Our logo represents an atom's path, not a religion."
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X