No announcement yet.

SF Novel Discussion Club: March Voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll switch to the Revelation Space if I need to. Don't want to reread Foundation.

Comment

Wow...sorry if I caused some controversy. I picked Foundation cos I love philosophical discussions and it's a great treatise on self-determinism vs pre-determinism...
      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Clear, that's the spirit! If you can bring something to the discussion of a book, then by all means vote for it. I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

And Foundation is only 250-300 pages, which isn't that bad a reread. And I got it for $.75 today at the local used bookstore - I mean, there really isn't reason not to reread Foundation: it's short and cheap and easy and familiar.

Can't switch votes, GP: this isn't the HoF. Future polls will allow for 3 votes per person, so we can vote for multiple books.

1 more week until the Handmaids Tale discussion!

Comment

Foundation it is!!!!! Remember to get your used copy today!!!!

Comment

Btw, I'll start the Handmaids Tale thread in a few hours hour.

Comment

Bah.
              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

You know, Eli, you could be suggesting a book for April's selection.... ???

I, for one, am glad we're doing Foundation.

Comment

Working...
                X