Office XP Text to Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office XP Text to Speech

In Microsoft Word XP there is a text to speech translator. You get to it by going to Tools then Speech. After you do that, a Speech Toolbar will appear if you click on Tools in that Bar and then Options a Box will come up. If you click on Advanced Speech there will be two tabs at the top of the box if you click on the one that says Text To Speech you can type in words and the computer will say them. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to save the sound it makes as a .wav or .mp3 and if so how?

Thanks in advance,
    solar
    "Chemistry is a class you take in high school or college, where you figure out two plus two is 10, or something."
    - Dennis Rodman, NBA Basketball player, on Chicago Bull's team chemistry being overrated

There are some programs that capture all output sent to the speakers and make a .wav file of it.

If you have the Creative SoundBlaster software, "Creative Recorder" has a record mode labeled "What U Hear" which allows you to record output from your computer digitally, like the text-to-speech stuffor a DRM-protected music file.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Thanks for the help, but I don't have any sound recording programs on my computer. Can I download "Creative Recorder," or do I have to pay for it?
      "Chemistry is a class you take in high school or college, where you figure out two plus two is 10, or something."
      - Dennis Rodman, NBA Basketball player, on Chicago Bull's team chemistry being overrated

Comment

I've no idea, there's probably other programs out there that do similar things for free, I've never had to look...

Maybe someone else around here might know.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Actually it can be done with the Windows program called Sound Recorder (Start > Accessories > Entertainment > Sound Recorder) too. At least I've used it. Simply press the record button and start recording.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I was never able to get Sound Recorder to work without a microphone. How do you get it to record the same sound that is sent to the speakers?

Comment

Asher, are you sure? I have the SB cd but there is nothing about speech on there.
              Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
              And notifying the next of kin
              Once again...

Comment

Solar,

I simply just pressed record. Maybe the mic input was muted. You could try that.

Hueij,

it depends on the version of your software bundle.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Thanks Rasbelin, my microphone was muted in the control panel. Now I don't need to use the Office voice because I can use my own voice recordings.

Comment

I use Office 2000 premium for my buisness work, is there any reason to upgrade to office XP?
                    " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
                    February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                      Asher, are you sure? I have the SB cd but there is nothing about speech on there.
                      There's nothing specific about speech in there, it's just a generic program that's been on every SB CD I know of called "Creative Sound Recorder".

The default input is a Microphone, but there's a dropdown list where you can select "What U Hear" as one.

Comment

Working...
                      X