Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Utterly revolting Australian anti-smoking ad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utterly revolting Australian anti-smoking ad.

Do you people "who live down under" have seen it?

Isn't it terminally disgusting?

The one with the heart and the artery and that ooze coming out of it?

I had to light one up just to relax!

Anyway,
    do you think that such "shocking value" ads are any effective?

What? They don't have "If you smoke, you support terrorism" ads?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

The ad was actually the terrorist in that case

Comment

ooops 3rd thread, sorry forgot

erase one of the others if you please and kindly forgive me

Comment

Smoking is utterly revolting, so the ad is appropriate.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Not if it doesn't help any?

Comment

IIRC, cartons of cigarettes on Canada now (or will soon) include graphic pictures of smoking-diseases next to the warning badge...
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

There is also an EU law about that that will come into effect in the next years.

Comment

The best stop-smoking ads I've seen are the ones where people dying from cancer talk and beg people to quit smoking.

Particularly powerful is the one with the 50 year old waitress, who never smoked herself, but worked hard in a restaurant for her children all her life and the second-hand smoke is literally killing her.

She doesn't have much more to live. She was crying in the commercial too.

Plus the woman from Edmonton in the commercials who is completely bald, ~40 years old, mother -- dying from cancer again. She was talking about how she's able to pick the music for her funeral and all that because she knows how she's going to die and when, and begs people to quit smoking...

If those don't impact you, you should seek help.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I like the one with the dancing cigarette that says, "Please don't burn me!"
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                      Not if it doesn't help any?
                      It helps me. Thanks to such imagery, I've stayed far away from smoking.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I find the ads with the more immediate impact work better. I can't imagine being 40 but I can imagine feeling fitter and being able to breath and run and stuff. So I quit.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Smoking is filthy.

And for some reason ... many people of my age are doing it again ... cause it's cool ! Yuk ... 40% of students at my school smoke, mainly the good looking girls.
                          Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                          Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrr
                            Smoking is filthy.

And for some reason ... many people of my age are doing it again ... cause it's cool ! Yuk ... 40% of students at my school smoke, mainly the good looking girls.
                            mmmhhh... licking one hot assed ash tray...
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I hate these ad's too, paiktis.
                              I don't smoke, so why should I have to put up with them.

The same applies to tampon ad's, but at least they usually look good.
                              "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                              "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                              - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                              X