The Italian Anthem is NOT the Italian Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Italian Anthem is NOT the Italian Anthem

A Deputy of the National Alliance Party have just proposed a bill which will make definitive the adoption of the "Fratelli d'Italia" song and music as the official Anthem for the Italian Repubblic. (click here if you want to read the text of the anthem).

What was discovered was that an old law of the 1946 made the song a provisory anthem for Italy, which would be used only for the military.

This will make happy Totti and the other football players which can not sing the anthem during World Cup matches, even after the President himself gifted them a copy of the text, and this will please also the Northern League Party, which would like a more northern-like anthem such as "Va Pensiero" of Verdi.

Now I just wonder if the law will manage to be approved, otherwise Italy would be the first and only country to be without an anthem.

Saluti
    "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
    The trick is the doing something else."
    — Leonardo da Vinci
    "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
    "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

VA PENSIERO!
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Oh Bella Ciao is the anthem of Italy.

Comment

Ok, so I'm in a revolutionary mood

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
          Oh Bella Ciao is the anthem of Italy.
          That would make me change nationality in the very moment it is approved

Saluti
          "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
          — Leonardo da Vinci
          "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu

Comment

This will make happy Totti and the other football players which can not sing the anthem during World Cup matches, even after the President himself gifted them a copy of the text,
            why?
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Because they are so stupid they couldn't even memorize a few verses

Saluti
              — Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

On the subject of Italy

This just in. The Genovese police planted evidence - in this case molotov cocktails- when raiding a protester sleeping quarters during the G8 summit in 2000 in Genova. According to the source, a leading police officer, it was not on initiative of a lone policeman - but a planned action by highranking officers within the intellegince service to discredit the student protesters in wake of the killing of one protester by the police.
                In the days prior to the summit various italian politicians paid visits to the police officers offering them 'moral' support, most prominently among them vicepremier
                Gianfranco Fini of the neofascist party Alleanza Nazionale. Witnesses claim he said the government would back them in using illegal means.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripledoc
                  most prominently among them vicepremier
                  Gianfranco Fini of the neofascist party Alleanza Nazionale. Witnesses claim he said the government would back them in using illegal means.
                  Which website did you use as your source.

I mean, someone who say something like this does not even worth to be answered.

Plus... why are you threadjacking one of the very few threads that I started ??

Saluti
                  — Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by Tripledoc
                    On the subject of Italy

This just in. The Genovese police planted evidence - in this case molotov cocktails- when raiding a protester sleeping quarters during the G8 summit in 2000 in Genova. According to the source, a leading police officer, it was not on initiative of a lone policeman - but a planned action by highranking officers within the intellegince service to discredit the student protesters in wake of the killing of one protester by the police.
                    In the days prior to the summit various italian politicians paid visits to the police officers offering them 'moral' support, most prominently among them vicepremier
                    Yep,
                    and there has also been Evidence,
                    that some of the violent Protestors had Contact to the Police Oficers, just before the Outbreaks of Violence started, so it may be possible, that they were instructed by the Police, to start the riots.
                    There is also evidence that one Hostel housed a lot of armed Protestors, which . The Hostel warden alarmed the police about the circumstance, that his guests were armed and started to demolish the furniture of his hostel. But no Policemen appeared at eht hostel until the end of the G8 summit.
                    Only long after the Summit some policemen appeared, but at this point the armed protestors had already left.

btw.
                    my source is a report which was shown on German Television
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I'm not saying there weren't some strange things, everybody could see that on TV but you can't say it was only the Policemen faults. Neither that the police made deals with the violent groups, or that the politicians were backing those groups.
                      After what happened many people resigned or were forced to resign from their positions, but this was because of their ineptitude, not because they were doing illegal deals with the violents.

The Police acted slowly, and was not able to control all of the protestors, but doesn't mean that they didn't control the violents on purpouse... I mean most of the policemen were actually yound boys that were doing their compulsory military service (something i'll have to do too in a few years) so they completely lacked any experience, and nobody expected such a big violent protest, and this was the main reason why many people had to resign, and this was off course their biggest mistake.

Saluti
                      — Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I TOLD YOU SO!
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

You should´ve seen the Report (it was shown on ARD which is a renowned TV Station here in Germany).
                          Maybe, you would think different after seeing it.

As for the Incident in the Sleeping Quarters which was mentioned by TripleDoc, there were two Molotov Cocktails, which were later used to justoify the PoliceAction at the quarter, cos it was said, they have been found there.
                          But some days or weeks afterward those Molotov Cocktails which were said to be found in the sleeping Quarters were recognized by another Police Officer as Molotov Cocktails, which were found some time earlier at the summit during another Police Raid (and of course those Molotov Cocktails had mysteriously disappeared prior to the Raid on the Sleeping Quarters).

Another thing were TV Shootings, where some black clad Protestors with Iron Bars casually went to the Command Van of some Police Forces, talked to the Officers in Command and then went again to their fellow Protestors.
                          Some minutes afterwards those Protestors instigates a violent riot.

Thats only a small part of those things, which were shown in the report and as the reporters confronted higher ranking Officials with those things, they didn´t want to comment on them.
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

A friend of an acquentance went to Genova.

She said that she run inside an empty building to get away from the tear gas and there she saw two "protesters" taking off their hoods, putting them in bags and start wearing their police uniforms.

That is what she said, anyway.

Comment

Why don't they just shoot every protester! It would be much easier!

And Tripledoc, you're a ****ing communist *******- there's not a single true thing in your post
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                              X