AVG virus scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVG virus scanner

I just want to point out AVG virus scanner to any of you that need a virus scanner and don't/can't pay for one. The personal editon is free. The person that told me about puts high-end computers together for a living He told me that theses days a lot of virus look for scanners and knock them out, but most of them are trained to look for the big ones (norton, etc.). I dunno I just wanted to point it out to you guys in case any of you need a free virus scanner.

" Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
    February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

AVG is what I use, for the same reason.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I use it too, but since it never found a virus I don't know how good it is
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

AVG!
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

i've used it for the last 18 months with no complaints

Comment

Interesting, very interesting. I have never had a problem with viruses fortunately...but I shall use it anyway...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Thanks. I've been looking for one.

Comment

damn, it's getting too popular. Soon the worms will learn to close it too.
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

The great thing about AVG is that it puts a scan viruses link in the search part of the start menu. So even if the virus has disabled all .exes from running you can still load AVG using Start > Search > Viruses.
                  Up the Irons!
                  Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                  Odysseus and the March of Time
                  I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

^---How would you do that?
                    "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

I use it too :b
                      I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                      Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

I'm an avid user of Norton System Works...of course, it isn't free...
                        "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                        "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

sucker.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                            Thanks. I've been looking for one.

Your welcome, that was the point
                            " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
                            February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Comment

Working...
                            X