How do I get a Screenshot off a DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get a Screenshot off a DVD

I just got the Rattle and Hum DVD and I want to take a screenshot of one of the scenes for my senior page in the yearbook.
    I tried the apple-shift-3, but when I copied and pasted the image into photoshop, the screen turned green.
    Does anyone know how to do it?
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Well, PowerDVD (for the PC) has a button to take screenshots of the DVD being played, but I'm assuming you're using an Apple and running some other software, so I don't know.
    "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

For Apple, I don't know. I could do it with a trial of WinDVD 4, but those bastards want me to pay around $40 to upgrade my current version of WinDVD which doesn't capture screens.

Comment

My brother has a PC and he's about 10 feet away. Is PowerDVD free? Can you DL it off the web?
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Step 1) Get a PC
          Step 2) Trash Mac with baseball bat ala Fax Machine in Office Space (thug music optional)
          "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
          You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
            My brother has a PC and he's about 10 feet away. Is PowerDVD free? Can you DL it off the web?
            No. Though I managed to find it on the web for like $15.
            "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Thanks for all the info and help guys.

Comment

I just realized that the company has a demo on their website http://www.gocyberlink.com/ though I dont know if all the features are enabled.

If you want to buy it, it looks like http://www.softwareoutlet.com/ has two versions of Power DVD available (though I'm not sure if 3.0 has screen shots - I think so, but not sure)

Comment

Buy a polaroid camera. Aim it at the screen. Take picture.

And enjoy your wonderful quality screen capture

Comment

Just memorise the picture and then accurately describe every little detail, allowing those who intend to read you page in the yearbook to form their own picture in their minds.
                    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Hanson
                      Just memorise the picture and then accurately describe every little detail, allowing those who intend to read you page in the yearbook to form their own picture in their minds.
                      Or reproduce it using coloured crayons on your neighbour's living room wall.

Comment

Why do I get the feeling that you've done that before?
                        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Comment

Why do you think we've moved house so often?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X