The best Beatles song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tandeetaylor
    I think From me to You, Love Me Do, Can't Buy Me Love, Ticket to Ride, Penny Lane, Lady Madonna, Get Back, and the Long and Winding Road should be taken off the list, and Here Comes the Sun, I Saw Her Standing There, In My Life, A Day in the Life, Across the Universe, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, I Am the Walrus, and Strawberry Fields Forever should be added. Thank you.

And I would probably vote In My Life if it was there. But tough choice.
    Oooh, Tandee has good musical taste. I agree, a lot of those #1 tunes are relatively weak, while there are a ton of good songs which weren't as popular. Your list is a great start.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Norgewian Wood?
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        My favorite is She's So Heavy.
        I love this tune! Abbey Road was the first LP I ever owned.

Comment

Originally posted by monolith94
          I think that, personally speaking, I might enjoy "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" the most, just because it affects me so much. That and "I've Just Seen A Face" make the Help album one of my favorites.
          Each Beatles album is unique and special for me, I love them all. Each album has it's own 'vibe', and they're all classic. The one song I truly detest is the Long and Winding Road, my god. It's got barry manilow written all over it! Yech.
          I agree on both accounts. For me it's the vocal stylization on "Hide your Love Away" that effects me, along with that lonely hermonica. The "Long and Boring Song" is definitely my least favorite of their popular stuff. It's cheese, and not good cheese either.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
            Norgewian Wood?
            Isn't it good (enough)?

Comment

Working...