No announcement yet.

North Korea pulls out of nuclear pact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't see the Japanese ever developing nuclear weapons. They have a special horror of them that even Kim Il Jong can't counteract.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Glah. I don't really want to think about a world in which Singapore and Indonesia are waving nuclear weapons at each other.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
        I can't see the Japanese ever developing nuclear weapons. They have a special horror of them that even Kim Il Jong can't counteract.
        They probably have more a horror of nuclear weapons when the business end is pointed toward them than away from them.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Well, once proliferation becomes mostly fact instead of speculation, I bet we'll see a new race for improved anti-missile technology above and beyond the current Patriot and Arrow systems (which, I think, aren't designed to knock down nuclear-bearing ICBMs, are they?).

Gatekeeper
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

There is actually a big chunk of Japanese voters who would rather effectively committ suicide than use nuclear weapons.

Lead lined pants...ha ha, even the ex-pats here are hoping Bush doesn't start a war over Kim wanting some more trophies.

BTW, Kim Jong-il is a really really wierd guy according to Joong Ang-Ilbo.

He is, get this, a Bond film addict, he has them all, and loves them. He has an elite 'Joy Battalion' of concubines.
            Also, he is supposedly a real Western media addict. In North Korea, where most people subsist on military style rations and home garden kimchi, Kim constantly watches multiple satellite feeds, loves the internet, etc. It's kinda funny that Kim, with his Western fascination, is actually out there visiting internet sites and watching Western talk tv all the time.

Odin....no wonder he thinks America is out to get him
            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I wonder if Kim has an account on 'Poly?...
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
              X