X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton's going to be Slashdotted!

Apolyton was just linked as a front-page news-story on www.slashdot.org

Prepare for the Slashdot effect!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

So, what is sthe slashdot effect?
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

When about thousands of people visit a website linked on Slashdot at a time, killing the server.

They have a habit of posting links to small servers, and Slashdot has a huge readerbase, and everyone seems to click all the links...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

To arms!
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

There's ~400 guests online right now alone on the forums...

Comment

I'll think I'll give them all a bit of slash, and put a dot on all this nonsense.
            I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Attack at dawn, take no prisoners!

Forum wars, gotta love em.

Link to the enemy?
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

/me figures that Markos could easily get a +5 by going to /. and screaming "YOU KILLED SETTLER! MY BEAUTIFUL SERVER!" *
                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Slashdot: News for nerds, stuff that matters. Timely news source for technology related news with a heavy slant towards Linux and Open Source issues.

It's not a war, and you can't beat tech geeks.

Also, let me be the first to say:

slashdotters, u r all gay *****
                  If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

RUN!

It's going to be like that Evil, Evil Finland time...
                    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Well, if we can't fight then lets get sentimental about poor old poly.

...i love you guys...

*sniff*
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

If this was a real Slashdotting, Settler would be down and inaccessible by now... well, at least as far as I know... As of yet it's still quite responsive.
                        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Wait until all of the IT geeks wake up and get to work.

It's 2-5AM in the US right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar. It's still original, too.
                            Currently Active Users: 500
                            There are currently 99 member(s) and 401 guest(s) on the boards.
                            401 vs 99 ?!?!?!

Unfortunately their members continue to rise and ours continue to fall. I predict that we shall fall at the hands of the evil Slashdottian army....
                            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

It's time to use our secret weapon.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                              X