Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wierd hypothetical: Every person in the world hears a billowing voice "All the barrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd hypothetical: Every person in the world hears a billowing voice "All the barrie

Wierd hypothetical I thought of as I sat in traffic for an hour today.......

Suppose a billowing voice is suddenly heard by every person in the world(in their own language saying): ALL THE BARRIERS ARE GONE

If you need to know the "source" there is no source, it just happens, there will never be any "source" for anyone to find......if you want say its a wierd psychological experiment by God.

What would you think after hearing this, more importantly what do you think would happen world wide?

I'll tell the guy next to me in the bus: did you just hear THAT? He'll be to embarrassed to answer yes, and will just stare at me. I'd think he took me for a nut, and go get some proffesional help.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

it would mean that Provost Harrison will finally get a chick
      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

re: All the barriers are gone
        Control express itself in barriers, so control must have died.
        The primary and perhaps sole source of control to feed on and expand in is time, so that means time has either stopped or has been put into reverse.
        So maybe in x number of years we would be back into the age of early Man - the way we were biologically designed to live in. We would once again become unaware of our own mortality - or rather we would be unable to fear the loss of self.
        It would be a self perpetuating process. Perhaps such a message would ultimately signify the beginning of the deflation of the universe.
        However, control might be able to feed on something else than time. Thought for instance. Maybe control could trick thought into believing space/time still expanded, thereby upholding the barriers. It is however questionable whether Man would be able to physically exist under total control of thought. It would mean an exhaustion of thought - a definite resource like any other.
        However, I am optimistic that thought would eventually reject direct parasitic control. Thought has a very strong immune system.
        In a worldwide sense I think the breakdown of barriers would be met by typical reaction, in politics and economics especially, as we are seeing only the very first inklings of at the moment. A huge security apparatus will be put into place. It would be an impossible project of course, but it would give certain people a sense of purpose. The average person would probably find it interesting and mildly amusing, perhaps the loss of control would release unforeseen energies in human spirit and inventiveness for doing what is good and fun. It could be a new Renaissance, because let's face it - the 20th century was quite a dark age.

Comment

Re: Wierd hypothetical: Every person in the world hears a billowing voice "All the barrie

Originally posted by Vesayen

What would you think after hearing this, more importantly what do you think would happen world wide?
          Everyone would pretend it hadn't happened any carry on living their lives. They'd probably forget within 10 seconds. No-one could accept the reality of such an event, and thus it wouldn't happen (at least in their perception).
          I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
          Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Re: Re: Wierd hypothetical: Every person in the world hears a billowing voice "All the barr

Originally posted by Graag

Everyone would pretend it hadn't happened any carry on living their lives. They'd probably forget within 10 seconds. No-one could accept the reality of such an event, and thus it wouldn't happen (at least in their perception).
            How could you deny something EVERY person in the world hears?

Comment

ALL the barriers are gone? Well we are all dead now, consider the number of barriers in us to keep things working.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I'd check on whether or not the pile of snow that's blocking my car in was cleared off or not...It would take an act of God for me to clear it off...
                If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

That or a shovel.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The hell with that I'm back home in NY where there have been two blizzards over the course of a week and a half. My thought is "Why bother?" I'll just drive what's in the garage and let the other car stew in it's 2.5 feet of snow
                    If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

First thing I thought of when I read the first post...

I believe that the first thing that would happen worldwide is that everybody would become a puddle of LCL .
                      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

What Ari said.

The fun part would be having all those nude Reis around!
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Well, I'd think "Oh, Ok then." and try to launch a HA-DO-KEN at someone. If it didn't work, well, then I was imagining it. If it worked, then I'll go super-saiyan on somebodies ass and use my superpowers to impose a new world order.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
                            I believe that the first thing that would happen worldwide is that everybody would become a puddle of LCL .
                            LCL?

Nah, not that simple. Matter forms barriers. So if all barriers are gone, you have to get rid of all matter all together.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I wouldn't do a damn thing. If there is a God and he's going to say something non-specific like that and not explain himself. Chances are, he's a sick sadistic fool that gets off by watching humanity argue about the true meaning of his word.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X