liberals, conservatives & independents: drugs & alcohol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liberals, conservatives & independents: drugs & alcohol

Is the the main difference between these political groups is that conservatives like to drink, liberals like to smoke marijuana and independents do whatever they want?

I can't find a link, but once I was doing a research paper on Kurt Vonnegut and I came across something he once said about the generation gap in the 60's. It was that the older generation was usually about four sheets to wind on alcohol and that the kids were stoned out their gourds on marijuana. This may be the true difference betwixt libs, cons and indies.

I wink, but there seems to be some truth to this.
    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Conservatives like to smoke cigars, so they drink and smoke.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

That's why I said "smoke mari-g-wana."
      "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Comment

Clinton also liked to smoke cigars, though, so I suppose that cigar-smoking is not solely done by conservatives.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I know plenty of conservatives who do drugs. The difference is, conservatives don't want other people doing drugs.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Loinburger

Comment

i don't think he was smoking the cigar...
              "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
              You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

part of an intern was smoking it.

Comment

I know plenty of conservatives who do drugs. The difference is, conservatives don't want other people doing drugs.
                  Lol, cocaine is the drug of choice for many a rich young conservative
                  I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                  Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

I forgot all about coke, but that is because I am poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                      part of an intern was smoking it.
                      No, I think he was using her as a humidor.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

Comment

Don't you ever, ever take a cigar from that man. They are nasty, nasty, nasty!

Comment

Don't you ever, ever take a cigar from that man. They are nasty, nasty, nasty!
                            They have a strange tang to them.

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

They have a strange tang to them.

ACK!
                              Yeah!
                              "sniff", "sniff" Hmmmmm...... Mr. ex-President, I can't quite place the aroma. I'm certain it's not cuban.... doesn't quite fit Brazilian either. "sniff" Oh! Mr. ex-President I do believe it's Massengill's!

Comment

Working...
                              X