X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Cubby Bias with Hall of Fame voters

Ryan Sandberg-Lee Smith-Andre Dawson.

All great Cubbies, all snubbed.

Did playing in the Sh!thole that is Chicago hurt their careers (Aside from the obvious fact that the team never wins)?

Also, is Gary Carter REALLY a Hall of Famer?

And what about Jim (No Defense) Rice?
    Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

its because teh cubs always suck, part of the things that stick in voters minds is that the cubs haven't won anything since before world war 2

Comment

sandberg is the only one with a claim to hall of fame...
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Besball's been berry, berry gud to me.

Bah, Chicago always gets the short end of the stick. Country can't handle us, so they try and ignore us.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

i thought that was a thread about cuba

Comment

I'm just hoping that the Old-Timers Committee gives the nod to Ron Santo. But you are right, the Chicago players, both Cubs and White Sox, have always seem to take longer to make the HoF than one would think based on their careers.
            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Also, is Gary Carter REALLY a Hall of Famer?

Yes, he is. His numbers are better than Fisk's and are comparable to Bench's.

If you look the numbers, Andre Dawson is typical of the 'on the edge' player. Lee Smith is a closer. Relievers ALLWAYS have gotten short ends of the stick. Hell, Goose Gossage didn't make it! And Sandburg, he really isn't a first ballot HOFer. He'll make it, but the voters want to make him wait a bit (maybe a year or so).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

IT'S 22 DEGREES OUT LET'S TAKE OFF OUR SHIRTS AND SHOW OUR HAIRY STOMACHS MAN TITTIES TO THE WORLD!!!
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

*Looks Up*

Anyway...

Not sure about post Eckersley relievers... It seems that the innings pitched is what is screwing those guys.

The save is a statistic that is hard to really quantify.

Comment

IT MIGHT BE, IT COULD BE, IT IS!!!

CUBS WIN!!!

NOW PASS ANOTHER BUD!!!
                    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Wait'll next year!
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The save is a statistic that is hard to really quantify.

Exactly. Closers are going to have a hard time getting in.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Sandberg surely should get in. Santo was hurt because he played in a time when it was relatively harder to put up big offensive numbers.

I don't think players from the Cubs are penalized. Heck, nowadays you can't identify players with teams cause they move so much.

Rose ought to go in. Any posturing about morality goes out the window as far as I am concerned since the fans were screwed out of a world series. **** them.

I swore never to buy another ticket until they made that world series up and, I haven't.

Comment

Sandberg will eventually get in.

Santo never will, but that's more because he's not a Hall of Fame caliber player. Just like another one of my favorite players, Dave Parker, wil never get in.

The question is what will happen when the "bloated stats" players start showing up?

Palmeiro and McGriff come to mind immediately. As well as a few other players who were not great, but merely good.

Comment

McGriff definetly benefits from bloated stats, but I don't think I would include Palmeiro in that. He is a great player and was one before the era of the bloated stat.

Now Sosa... that's a different story . (just kidding Cubbies... don't hurt me )

Comment

Working...
                              X