No announcement yet.

Blunkett dictates popular culture, assaults freedom of speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite that far to the right, but getting there...

Comment

Originally posted by lightblue
      Yeah he is led by the Daily Mail and the Sun editorials, which as a Labour minister has always struck me as slightly bizarre.
      There is much truth in this statement... IMHO the reason the Tory party have crumbled quite so astoundingly is because Labour are basically doing what they've done for years, but with bolder policies, shinyer teeth and better haircuts.

Since the lefty party appears righty, and the opposition has no position, it looks to me like time for the Liberals to ascend...
      I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
      Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

oh no, ID cards!!!!

ID cards are not good. Even people that the left brand 'authoritarian', like Reagan, were/are opposed to them.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Gee, what a shock. Strict gun control measures are passed (so strict that the British Olympians have to go to France to practice), and there is a sharp rise in gun crimes. At least this guy is partially on the right track in one sense, that behaviors cause social problems, not inanimate objects. Passing laws will do very little to curb anti-social behavior.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

What's wrong with ID cards?
            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Reagan was against them.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Somehow I don't believe you...
                The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
                  Gee, what a shock. Strict gun control measures are passed (so strict that the British Olympians have to go to France to practice), and there is a sharp rise in gun crimes.
                  Cite?

Originally posted by Sikander
                  At least this guy is partially on the right track in one sense, that behaviors cause social problems, not inanimate objects.
                  So, by your logic then, why restrict people from owning chemcial and nuclear weapons? Afterall, they aren't part of the equation, right?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                  X