No announcement yet.

Any Members of this religion among us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've been acting up lately, passing out pamphlets to kids when they come out of school. Some parents sued them to have an end put to it.
    What?

Comment

"Some parents sued them to have an end put to it."

Why? What's wrong with pamphleting?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Oh man.... I can't see how some people can pretend that the story some French guy probably made up in his basement has even the most minimal plausibility...

So just because most religions have imperfections and lack definite proof, they need to make up something even less coherent than any of them?
        DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

You're thinking of Eloisa, the female aspect of God (in Hebrew, the Bible says 'Yahweh Eloisa', and no-one ever bothers to translate the Eloisa). Elohim are a type of angel.

The world 'Elohim' is one of the synonims of god in hebrew. This is obviously a remenant of previous times, in the earliest days of civilization. El was a canaanite diety. 'Elohim' is a plural form, something like 'The Gods".

I think I am going to join this cult, explore my sprituality , you know.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

I didn't realise that this was the Raelians. I found their website and was reading about this guys encounter with the 'Elohim'. A very interesting story, albeit a fictional one.

Comment

if you liked that fictional story, I really urge you to read some more historical fiction. like the bible, for example.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
              X