No announcement yet.

Why is it called the United Kingdom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW theres also that other "Royalty" who must be really really inbred.

i dont exactly recall his name... he seems to always goof up on everything. he has a reputation of that it would seem.

when there was this difference between the greek state and the former "king" of greece, and there was a gala he tried to put his foot next to the foot of the wife of the greek dilpomatic atache to make her fall down...
    he previously had stalked them all through the evening making rude comments to the wife of the greek atache, because he was pissed at the greek state "treatment" of the ex "king"

talking about inbred...

Comment

Prince Philip (the Queen's husband) is the guy who goofs up on everything.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

maybe he was him... i really dont remember his name

Comment

BTW Philip is Greek (in name only though), just like Betty is English in name only. They're both Germans.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Is he?

Well, on passport maybe...

edit: now you got it right I think, after your edit

Comment

A pedant writes: The Queen was born in 1926, so she is 76.

I do not think that becoming Prince of Wales is automatic - it is tradition, but it has to be conferred by the monarch. So Charlie boy was "installed" (forgotten the right word) in about 1969, in a big ceremony in Caernavon castle.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergus Horkan
                A pedant writes: The Queen was born in 1926, so she is 76.

I do not think that becoming Prince of Wales is automatic - it is tradition, but it has to be conferred by the monarch. So Charlie boy was "installed" (forgotten the right word) in about 1969, in a big ceremony in Caernavon castle.
                One major exception to the heir being Prince of Wales, is, of course when said heir is female.

Comment

What does happen then Does she become Princess of Wales? Or does Prince of Wales go to the next Male in line for the thrown?
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I dont think there has ever been a princess of wales of that type - the queen was not princess of wales, afaik. It is for male heir to the throne.

The oldest male child is always next in line in the UK, men before women.

Comment

I believe we do without a Prince entirely...there wasn't one when Queenie was heir.

Comment

SNAP!

Comment

One semi-interesting point. When she took up the throne, the current Queen was given the choice of calling herself Queen Elizabeth I or Queen Elizabeth II, since only England has previously had a Queen Elizabeth.

Since she chose Queen Elizabeth II, and was crowned as such, I don't regard her as being Queen of Scotland.

Comment

Working...
                          X