No announcement yet.

Yaay Snow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been getting snow on and off for nearly a week now. Unfortunately, there was some sleet & freezing rain mixed in. But it's shaping up to be a great winter (for skiers like me, that is). Woohoo!

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

We usually get lots of snow, but it's been a rather dry year...
      Talent Optional

Comment

It's been extremely warm and dry here recently. It's only snowed a couple times all year.

Yesterday we broke our previous record high (13C, set 87 years ago) with 16C.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Snow in East Anglia. After spending the last five winters in Toronto, I am unimpressed by this English attempt at snow.

I have yet to see a single homeless person frozen to a street light. You call this winter??
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Long Island has a lot of snow this year, we had 6.7 inches 2 weeks ago.

upstate new york (where i go to uni) has a few feet. oh boy.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
              Snow in East Anglia. After spending the last five winters in Toronto, I am unimpressed by this English attempt at snow.

I have yet to see a single homeless person frozen to a street light. You call this winter??

Comment

A beautiful white blanket covered my street in north-east london... I was so stunned I took photos!
                I love snow
                I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

We've about 25 cm of snow and it has been between -20 and -10 (celcius) for a week. I hate snow and I hate the cold.
                  får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

I hate the cold, but love snow. This is like the 3rd or 4th time its snowed here in the past 10 years or more, gotta make the most of it when its here.
                    I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
                    Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Yay, more snow.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Wow I've got like 5 inches of it in my back garden!

*makes snowball*

This rules!
                        Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

News just in from outside my bedroom window

Group of unruly schoolchildren terrorise local houses with snowballs and loud noises, residents anxious.

Unease among homeowners grows as reports filter in that schoolchildren have solved the petty differences previously dividing their forces to work on a new 'super' weapon, codenamed Big Snowball. The Big Snowball has a reported range of 12ft and the firepower of up to 6 ordinary snowballs, though it is not yet known when the Big Snowball will be fully operational.

Mr Blair, Headmaster of the local school urges calm, will be sending in the first of his elite peacekeeping force, known as 'teachers' within the hour.

Mr Blair issued this statement earlier today:

"They are not worried in the least about the numbers of people they cover in snow, about the total innocence of the people they cover in snow"

He pledged to "do everything we possibly can to bear down on these people and eradicate this evil in our world"

Whilst neighboring Headmaster Mr Bush has called for the wholesale detention of all schoolchildren suspected of snowball-related activities, Mr Blair has called for a measured reaction insisting his teachers are well trained in negotiating with schoolchildren.

"These kids are desperate for fun and see no other way out of the boredom of lunchtime. The first step to a peaceful resolution is to get teachers in to look at the 'Big Snowball', and what steps can be taken to begin the dismantling of snowball making apparatus."
                          Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The weather in Sweden and Gothenburg in particular is extreme to say the least. 2002 we had our warmest summer since they started measuring temperature round 1850. And now we have a winter that´s freezing our balls off. Gothenburg has 20 cm of snow and a temperature between -10 to -15 C. Usually when the snow comes it melts away as soon as it hits the ground. Due to the close proximity to the sea it almost never gets this cold in Gothenburg. I don´t think it´s been this cold this long since the great "war winters" of 1941 and ´42.

The electricity bill is skyrocketing thanks to the cold (and other factors), the prize per KwH has doubled the last 6 months or so
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

The snow didn't stand a chance on Oxford Street...no sooner had it landed than it turned into unpleasant mush slush...I hate unpleasant mushy slush.

Comment

Working...
                                X